Flower dilemma...PLEASE help me decide!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:59 PM

I voted for parasols. They are hip and the new "bouquet." I think you should get any bouquet your heart desires for yourself. You will save tons of money!!
    Happily married since 2008

#32 luv2love

luv2love
    • 260 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:30 AM

I as well chose #3 because that's what I'm doing!!!

#33 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:34 AM

Thanks for all of your responses! I am definitely going with the parasols for my girls and a beautiful bouquet for me!

#34 NYJen

NYJen
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

I have an idea, is it possible to order from the Jamaican florist you know nothing about so that you (hopefully) get the flowers you want, but then also get the parasols as a back up in case the flowers are a no show. I know it's a lot of money to spend - I just thought it might solve all your problems. Best case, your bridesmaids have both bouquets for the ceremony and parasols for the pictures. If not, just go with the parasols - I love that idea.

#35 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:46 AM

You can order just the stems and put them together yourself or have a florist in your area put them together. That's what I'm doing since she didn't have time to make them. It cost me about 2/3 of the price for just the stems than for the full services from her.

#36 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NYJen
              I have an idea, is it possible to order from the Jamaican florist you know nothing about so that you (hopefully) get the flowers you want, but then also get the parasols as a back up in case the flowers are a no show. I know it's a lot of money to spend - I just thought it might solve all your problems. Best case, your bridesmaids have both bouquets for the ceremony and parasols for the pictures. If not, just go with the parasols - I love that idea.
              I was thinking of doing that too, but decided just to forgo the flowers. I feel like if I order from the Jamaican florist, I'll be stressing out while I'm down there about them. Thanks for the suggestion though!

#37 NYJen

NYJen
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:48 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lizz
                I was thinking of doing that too, but decided just to forgo the flowers. I feel like if I order from the Jamaican florist, I'll be stressing out while I'm down there about them. Thanks for the suggestion though!
                True! And we don't need you stressing about ANYTHING the day of your wedding. The parasols are going to be PERFECT!!!! I can't wait to see your pics.

#38 coming together

coming together
                • 162 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:21 AM

I think #3. The BM's are going to hold those flowers for the ceremony, and then who knows what they'll do with them after that... Go for the parasols.

#39 KHarrod

KHarrod
                  • 902 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

Yes, number 3 is the way to go.....

#40 Jenn

Jenn
                    • 1,557 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

Lizz - I was going to suggest the florist I used, but if you think you're going to stress about flowers, go with the parasols! They will be absolutely beautiful! My florist had great flowers, but I didn't have them do the arrangements so I couldn't give a full on recommendation on that front.

No worries - the parasols will be fantastic and I love it as a different twist for a DW :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users