328 replies to this topic

#21 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaliaA07
    I'm not sure what you mean with how long. If you mean how long per book. I think it depends how long the book is. If you don't want to read the book chosen thats fine too.
    I think she means what is the period of time do we have to read the book. Do we have one month, two weeks, etc.

#22 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

This sounds fun! My FI always makes fun of me b/c once I start reading a book I usually can't put it down until I read the whole thing! Count me in - I will email you as soon as I think of a book Calia! Thanks for doing this.

#23 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Betsy
        This sounds fun! My FI always makes fun of me b/c once I start reading a book I usually can't put it down until I read the whole thing! Count me in - I will email you as soon as I think of a book Calia! Thanks for doing this.
        That is so funny Betsy, I am excactly the same way. Sometimes I think it's a curse.

#24 jujigirl

jujigirl
        • 55 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

I'm in as well!!!

#25 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:55 PM

I would love to do it. I've never been part of a book club either but I was an English major in college. I LOVED discussing the books. That's the best part.

One question- do we nominate a book we have already read or do we nominate one we want to read?
            Happily married since 2008

#26 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
              One question- do we nominate a book we have already read or do we nominate one we want to read?
              Good question, I was going to nominate one I've already read so I know it's good (well at least to me..haha).

#27 sn2bski

sn2bski
              • 94 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

I'm in! I love to read and I'm always trying to find suggestions for good books.

#28 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

I've never been part of a book club, but I used to LOVE to read when I was younger. Now it seems like I either don't have time or don't know how to pick a good book.

I'd like to try to be a part of this and get into reading more, but I don't know if I have a book suggestion yet, is that okay? I really haven't been in a bookstore in a long time, lol!! I have no idea what books are good right now!

#29 Birdie07

Birdie07
                  • 1,218 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

It's ok if you don't have one yet. Thats kind of the point of this to get you to read something. You suggest a book you've read already. That way you can lead the discussion. Just email me with your suggestion. My email is calia.anne@gmail.com.

#30 Birdie07

Birdie07
                    • 1,218 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

Ok so far we have 17 members ...Saraha are you in or just think its a good idea hahah....
                      I've made a spreadsheet to keep track and keep organized. I only have 5 book suggestions but 17 ppl so I need your suggestions so we can get started.
                      I think depending on how long the book is depending how long you have to read it. Say it's 50 pages compared to a 400 page book?
                      So when should we choose our first book. I say give everyone until Friday to put in their suggestions and then everyone can get the book over the weekend. Or we could wait longer and make sure everyone who wants to participate lets me know??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users