Sign in to follow this  
Birdie07

Anyone interested in a Book Club?

BOOK CLUB DISCLAIMER (per forum mods):

Participation in this Book Club is strictly voluntary. Books are not pre-screened and may contain material or discuss issues which are unexpected, shocking, or even offensive. If a member is not comfortable with the given selection participation can end and, if desired, begin again when the next book is selected.

I know someone asked if anyone was interested. But I really miss my book club in Texas and the ones here suck! So I thought I would step up to start one here b/c I love my BDW girls! So heres what I came up with. Everyone could come up with a book and email them to me. Then I'd pick a girl (just for the first time) and send her numbers 1-10 (however many books submitted). Then that girl would choose a number and thats the book chosen. Then we give an allotted time to read the book then we'll open the floor for discussion. Then give that book a time allotted for discussion. Then whoever she chose like for example she chose my book for the discussion then I would choose the next number. I hope that makes sense.

So after the confusion above hahah anyone willing to give it a tryhuh.gif Oh and if the Mods are ok with this?? I thought we could delete each thread about a book as we finish so we don't take tons of room on the forum. I won't post my email until I'm sure we get people ok with this and the Mods don't see a problem. *whispers* pleeeeeeeeease....I love books and would love to see a book club on here!!! I promise to be good! Hahahah! Ok girls who's in?

I am totally in!

I talked about it before, but got caught up with other things.

I really like the way you set it up...let's do this thing.

I'll do it if I can get the books on tape...hahaha I think I have ADD because it takes me so long to read because I am reading then all of the sudden I am 15 pages past that and thinking about a pedicure or vacuuming or something and I'm like darn what just happened.

I think it sounds great...

Just a couple thoughts:

1. If you're expressing opinions about things, remember that others may have a differing opinion. We are all for expression of opinion around here, just be sure it's delivered in a courteous fashion. Sometimes people get their panties in a bunch around here when someone disagrees with them.

2. While we certainly don't have any taboo topics, we generally try to stay away from "hot button" issues since we all really want to stay friends... i.e. abortion, religion, politics.

Count me in! I'll be able to participate & moderate :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I think it sounds great...

Just a couple thoughts:

1. If you're expressing opinions about things, remember that others may have a differing opinion. We are all for expression of opinion around here, just be sure it's delivered in a courteous fashion. Sometimes people get their panties in a bunch around here when someone disagrees with them.

2. While we certainly don't have any taboo topics, we generally try to stay away from "hot button" issues since we all really want to stay friends... i.e. abortion, religion, politics.

Count me in! I'll be able to participate & moderate :)
I totally agree! I think if everyone just stays courteous and stays on the book topic we'll be good. Ok so if you're interested just send me your name or BDW name (or both) to my email. I'll just email everyone through PM's on the forum when its their turn. My email is calia.anne@gmail.com and start sending your book suggestions.

ETA: If your book is chosen you can lead the discussion. ie. just post questions or something of that sort to get everyone started.

Great (!!) idea! I'm totally in. And I agree with the notion of staying away from hot button issues. Not that I necessarily want to read fluffy books exclusively (which, of course, I enjoy), but maybe we start with light fiction for people's first nominations, just to get our toes wet.

Oooh! This will be so much fun!