I'm a Riviera Maya newbie

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hdoshi

• 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:18 AM

Hi, I am new to this site. I am planning Desination wedding in Mexico-Riviera Maya area. I want to plan during Memorial day weekend,2008.
    if anyone has ideas, I will appriciate

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

welcome to the forum!

we have quite a few Riviera Maya brides on here...Jackie is the moderator of that forum and has done so much research.

if you answer some of these questions, it could help narrow down your choices.

1. how many people do you think will attend?
    2. kids or adults only?
    3. all-inclusive or non-all inclusive?
    4. your top spots (cancun, playadel carmen)
    5. approx per night room rate?
    6. approximate wedding budget?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

Hey there welcome to the forum. We are also planning for a May 2008 wedding in PDC Riviera Maya. Tammy right if you could give us some clues as to what your looking for we can help a little more.

Good luck and let us know how we can help.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#4 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:12 AM

Welcome! Glad to have another RM planner here ... and another Chicago-ite! When did you get engaged?

#5 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

Welcome! RM is gorgeous and there is so much information on this site that will be of help to you.

#6 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

welcome, I'm getting married in Cancun, I hope I can help you.

#7 weez

• 151 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

we are getting married in the Riviera Maya also. I vacationed there last year and fell in love with it! The whole area is gorgeous! We are having our wedding at the El Dorado Royale. Hope we can help with any of your questions!

#8 Christine

• VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

welcome to the forum, so many newbies...how great. I am sure you will find tons of info here.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

Welcome! I'm getting married in Cancun, let us know if we can help with your plans!

#10 MagsieMexico

• 420 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:07 AM

Welcome Welcome. I am getting married in the Riviera Maya too, but don't know where yet, but since I started seriously the planning thing about a 3 weeks ago, this has been my MAJOR source of info and sanity check for all the stuff I see on the web, so you have come to the RIGHT PLACE!

Let's share our decision making about where to do it!

My fiance and I moved to London, UK about 5 months ago, but most of our family and guests will be coming from Detroit and Chicago, so some similarities!
                  Margaret & Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users