Photo

Shimmery crystal decoration thingys for my flowers

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

You can make them for cheap!! I bought a bag of the beads for like $4 and the wire for like $2ish. That made me about 10-15 of them (depending on the amount of beads in the bag). Totally easy to make! They have a nice sparkle to them.

#12 ticia277

ticia277
    • 212 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:15 PM

These are called bouquet jewels. I made mine. I only use genuine swarvoski crystals, so they were a bit more than quoted above. They're fairly simple to make. I also used crystal headpins, to give an extra sparkle at the top.
      Loving Married Life!

#13 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
      • 490 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:18 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ticia277
        These are called bouquet jewels. I made mine. I only use genuine swarvoski crystals, so they were a bit more than quoted above. They're fairly simple to make. I also used crystal headpins, to give an extra sparkle at the top.
        I used Swarvoski crystals. They aren't that much more if any. Use coupons too! They always help!

#14 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, Jac - there is a 40% off coupon in the paper each week for Michaels and Joann's... Make sure to check it out first.

#15 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:19 PM

I am using the rhinestone starfish in my bouquet and I got rhinestone palm trees and flip flops for my BM bouquets.

So, your crystals will take the place of that and I think will look lovely! They are easy to add and take away so once you have the bouquet, just play around with it until it's perfect for you! :-)

Click the image to open in full size.

#16 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by QuelMoffett
              I checked Michael's and nothing comes up:o( I don't want to spend TOO much $$ on these. I hope I can find something other than Swavorski since it's just for the flowers....
              You might check to see if anyone makes the same thing with Czech glass instead of Swavorski crystals. They don't sparkle quite as much, but you get the same effect.
              See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#17 babycow

babycow
              • 367 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08
                I tried to make these. I didn't end up liking them as a bouquet by itself. Its just swavorski crystals twisted on to wire.
                I love the way they sparkle!
                How do you think they would look interspersed throughout a floral bouquet? I found a site that shows step by step instructions on making these, how difficult was it for you to do? And how many did you make? Sorry, one more question, where did you get your supplies to make them?
                Thanks so much!
                http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                Erica and Tim
                Dreams Tulum
                Mexico
                May 17, 2008

#18 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
                • 490 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by babycow
                  I love the way they sparkle!
                  How do you think they would look interspersed throughout a floral bouquet? I found a site that shows step by step instructions on making these, how difficult was it for you to do? And how many did you make? Sorry, one more question, where did you get your supplies to make them?
                  Thanks so much!
                  I found them pretty easy to make. All you do is twist the wire. I made about a dozen of them. They are now sitting in one of my craft drawers. If I have time tonight I'll try to take pictures. I got all of my supplies from either Michaels or AC Moores.

#19 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

OH def post pix if u remem

#20 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

I was in Michael's and A C Moore yesterday and they did have these things. There was a "wedding" aisle and that's where I saw them, I think. Kinda hard to remember, cuz I was chasing a 4 year old maniac around most of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users