Photo

Song to walk down the aisle

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#81 leharris5

leharris5
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

(as of today) I will be walking down the aisle to "Kissing You" by Desiree from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack

As a surprise for my FI, i will be singing "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys during the reception

If you are having a hard time deciding, go with an instrumental version of a song you like. Something that has a great emotional melody...
    Latoya & Joseph
    Rockhouse Hotel
    September 20, 2008MY WEDDING SLIDESHOW: http://www.sungoldph.../Latoya-Joseph/

#82 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

What are the taditional songs to walk down the isle to? I know of here comes the bride and canon in D. Are there any others?

#83 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Raeka
      What are the taditional songs to walk down the isle to? I know of here comes the bride and canon in D. Are there any others?
      trumpet voluntary is popular.

We are thinking about counting crows colorblind with just the piano, no vocals. A friend of mine is recording it for us, but if she doesn't have time to record it I'll find this version somewhere else. I know it's out there. She is also goign to record some red hot chili peppers piano music.

#84 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

I love that song by the counting crows.

#85 hughesa

hughesa
      • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

I am walking down the aisle to A Day Without Rain by Enya.

#86 Lorilou

Lorilou
        • 533 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:28 PM

This tread has been so helpful and Timely, my WC just emailed me requesting what songs I want...I freaked b/c I hadn't even thought of it. :)

#87 Birdie07

Birdie07
          • 1,218 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:02 AM

So I saw this b/c I haven't decided what to play and I really love the Somewhere over the rainbow and it feels like home and I just couldn't decide. But tell me what you guys think.

My whole family won't be able to make it except my parents so I feel kinda sad that they'll be missing out. So I thought I would ask my brother who is a music major in school right now and Drum Major for his college, if maybe he could play a song or two and have any of his friends play other pieces like the piano and his gf plays the french horn and they could record this for me. Then when I walk down the aisle I could play it so it's kinda like hes there playing it for me. I don't know? What do you guys think? Sappy?? Ugh.

#88 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:44 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MrsKimball
              So I saw this b/c I haven't decided what to play and I really love the Somewhere over the rainbow and it feels like home and I just couldn't decide. But tell me what you guys think.

My whole family won't be able to make it except my parents so I feel kinda sad that they'll be missing out. So I thought I would ask my brother who is a music major in school right now and Drum Major for his college, if maybe he could play a song or two and have any of his friends play other pieces like the piano and his gf plays the french horn and they could record this for me. Then when I walk down the aisle I could play it so it's kinda like hes there playing it for me. I don't know? What do you guys think? Sappy?? Ugh.
              I think that sounds great. A friend is recording piano music for me & my dad is recording some singing.

#89 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:58 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by leharris5

As a surprise for my FI, i will be singing "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys during the reception
                I think that is awesome and such a great surprise!

#90 coming together

coming together
                • 162 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

Well, Dan proposed to me on the night we went to see Dave Matthews in Vegas. Fortunately, the first song they played was "Crash into me", my favorite, and to top it off they released the live concert on CD. So.. I think I am going to walk down to the live version of Crash.. since it was when Dan proposed..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users