Photo

The best workout DVDs I have ever owned- P90X

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#281 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hey KittenHeart, what did you do for pull-ups until you could do one? Did you use the bar and the chair to help you or did you use bands? I can't do one either and can't tell if using the chair with my legs on it will help me be able to do real one or if I'm better off with the bands. I want to do a pull up sooooo badly!
    Thanks!
    ~Kelly
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#282 riokayak

riokayak
    • 175 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

Which workouts have pull-ups? I haven't had that in any I've done so far on the lean program.

I survived yoga last night. Not sure I'm a fan, I had to stop after 30 minutes to refocus. An hour and a half is a little too long to hold my attention. I'm only 4 days in, but I'm already feeling better. Can't wait to see how I feel at this time next week!

#283 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
      • 3,103 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

Kelly - I used the chair AND the bands back and forth, it doesn't really feel like you're getting anywhere for a bit but you're strengthening your muscles. I literally just tried doing a pullup every single day on my own until one day I could!

The lean version doesn't have any pullup exercises I don't think. Chest and back and legs and back, shoulder's and arms I think are all pullup stuff.

Yeah yoga's no joke, I really had to make the most effort to push myself through that and Plyo.

#284 trobin01

trobin01
        • 203 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:52 PM

I did P90X for a while too. It is great but a huge time commitment and Tony really can get on your nerves! My new favourite workout program is Chalean Extreme, which has more rest days and shorter workouts than P90X. And I have never been in such good shape in my life.

#285 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
          • 3,103 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by trobin01
            I did P90X for a while too. It is great but a huge time commitment and Tony really can get on your nerves! My new favourite workout program is Chalean Extreme, which has more rest days and shorter workouts than P90X. And I have never been in such good shape in my life.
            I really wanted to try Chalean Extreme! I hear great things about it :)

How is it challenge-wise compared to P90X? I just started Insanity and it's really killing me which makes me believe it's working.

#286 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
            • 546 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

T minus 45 days till we start our P90X. Ugh. I'm dreading it and excited about it all at the same time :)

#287 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
              • 3,103 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by diamondpooch
                T minus 45 days till we start our P90X. Ugh. I'm dreading it and excited about it all at the same time :)
                Just know this, to be blunt, it hurts but it works :) So don't stop and follow it as closely as you can, it's only 90 days, you'll be very happy once you complete it!

#288 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                • 546 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:53 PM

Thanks! I got the whole system for free from my dad so I'm excited I didn't have to pay for any of it! I'm not going to bother to start during the holidays, but as of Jan 1 I'm going full steam ahead!

#289 riokayak

riokayak
                  • 175 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

I made it thru my first week and started week 2 last night. I already can feel the difference and my measurements confirm the change. It doesn't seem as tough as I thought it would be, but doing anything 6 days a week is a huge improvement for me. In the last few years, I've really had issues with making the time to exercise and because of that have gained some weight. I'm hoping this will help me develop more of a schedule and fit it in no matter what. I guess it helps that I will be taking picture I'll see for the rest of my life in 3 months. : -)

#290 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                    • 3,103 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

Riokayak - That's amazing! I too remember seeing results very quickly, that's always the best when you have that instant motivation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users