Jump to content

Photo

Confessions


  • Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1141 Erika J

Erika J

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

    Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

    OMG Nadine that is awesome!

    #1142 FoxyBride

    FoxyBride
    • Member
    • 609 posts

      Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

      LOL @ Nadine. Seems like your plan didn't work!

      #1143 *kellis*

      *kellis*
      • Jr. Member
      • 330 posts

        Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by NaM
        You should so read it, it's so funny. And it really makes you feel like someone else is going through the same thing!

        I know what you mean about things changing. I moved to Canada from NC in Janurary and I soo wish I had my close friends around for wedding planning. I won't even see my WP in their outfits until THE WEDDING!! This forum is seriously a life saver!
        Didn't think about that, I don't honestly know how I'm going to get them all outfits with everyone in different states and on different schedules. I wanted to get them all a dress that flattered their body, guess I'll just have to go shopping with them all individually lol.
        I am so thankful FI has taken over his and the GM's outfits. He's taking them all out to dinner next week to "talk about stuff" and make sure they're all commited after knowing what being a GM entails(which is so amazing because I have tried to plan stuff with his friend's before for his birthday, they aren't exactly the most...reliable...guys, then again, they're all in their 20s and single lol.) And he's going to clarify what is and isn't appropriate for the bachelor party(his idea completely, love when he does stuff that I'm thinking about but decide not to bother him with haha).
        http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
        (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

        I love being a wife!

        #1144 *kellis*

        *kellis*
        • Jr. Member
        • 330 posts

          Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

          Another confession(this gets addicting),

          I have 10 months until my wedding, and I really don't think I'm going to be able to keep the surprise of getting my FI a BD book for his wedding gift. I haven't even booked a photographer yet and I'm already so close to giving it away! I suck at surprises!
          http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
          (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

          I love being a wife!

          #1145 Destination Scout

          Destination Scout
          • Member
          • 600 posts

            Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

            [QUOTE=
            She can't seem to remember to brush her teeth, hair, take a shower, etc. She argues and talks back, which is normal for kids, she doesn't do things with us as a family unless we make her, she only cares about herself. (again, probably normal for a teen).

            I always get to be the bad guy telling her to do these things and FI is so passive and I feel like he doesn't care about this stuff. Although he tells me that he agrees with me and is behind me, I don't feel like he is because he doesn't step up and take action with her.
            [/QUOTE]

            Steph,
            I totally feel from you. I'm the one that is bringing kids to our relationship and I see my husband going through the same thing. Unfortunately, what usually happens when the parents grow up with the kids, is that a parent chooses to pick his battles. There's this gray area of "Is it going to really hurt anything if...?" There's a great series of parenting books called "Love and Logic", I highly recommend browsing through their library to get a quick tutorial on parenting, because no one gets it right, but it's hard coming into the situation.

            But - don't feel bad. I know I thoroughly enjoy the time that my kids are off at their dads, and I'm their mom.

            #1146 BachataBride

            BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

              Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:48 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Malisa
              Steph,
              I totally feel from you. I'm the one that is bringing kids to our relationship and I see my husband going through the same thing. Unfortunately, what usually happens when the parents grow up with the kids, is that a parent chooses to pick his battles. There's this gray area of "Is it going to really hurt anything if...?" There's a great series of parenting books called "Love and Logic", I highly recommend browsing through their library to get a quick tutorial on parenting, because no one gets it right, but it's hard coming into the situation.

              But - don't feel bad. I know I thoroughly enjoy the time that my kids are off at their dads, and I'm their mom.
              FYI....Steph has 2 boys of her own! She knows parenting!! Just having difficulty with female teen step-parenting!! Right Steph!? LOL

              #1147 Destination Scout

              Destination Scout
              • Member
              • 600 posts

                Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:26 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by BachataBride
                FYI....Steph has 2 boys of her own! She knows parenting!! Just having difficulty with female teen step-parenting!! Right Steph!? LOL
                blush -
                Sorry Steph.

                #1148 ~Stephanie~

                ~Stephanie~
                • Sr. Member
                • 3,347 posts

                  Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:48 AM

                  Quote:
                  FYI....Steph has 2 boys of her own! She knows parenting!! Just having difficulty with female teen step-parenting!! Right Steph!? LOL
                  Quote:
                  blush -
                  Sorry Steph.

                  No sweat, yes Amanda is right, I have 2 boys of my own from my previous marriage. I actually think I am doing well diving into teenage-ville and handling the parenting. I luckily retained a lot from my own teen years so I try my best to balance being a parent (strict with rules) and knowing how she feels and being understanding. But its hard.

                  On a positive note, FI came home with flowers last night and apologized to me and told me that he came home from work earlier in the day and had a talk with his daughter and told me he would make a real effort to equally enforce the rules and parenting with his daughter. I think when I told him I wasn't happy it really hit him. So we will see!
                  ~Stephanie

                  Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

                  #1149 BachataBride

                  BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

                    Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:33 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
                    On a positive note, FI came home with flowers last night and apologized to me and told me that he came home from work earlier in the day and had a talk with his daughter and told me he would make a real effort to equally enforce the rules and parenting with his daughter. I think when I told him I wasn't happy it really hit him. So we will see!
                    That is so great Steph!! I'm so glad he's making the effort & recognizing how unhappy it is making you! I wish you all the best - and I do not envy you having to deal with that!! xo

                    #1150 ~*Kathy*~

                    ~*Kathy*~
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 5,649 posts

                      Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

                      I confess that I miss Amanda's (BachataBride) posts something fierce! Amanda where have you been lately? You used to post a lot!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users