Photo

Have you exercised today?

• Please log in to reply
4634 replies to this topic

#1911 Sah

Sah
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

Thanks so much for starting this chain. Every time I see the title it reminds me to get moving!!

#1912 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

I made it back to the gym for 60 min of bootcamp and 45 min of pilates. Yes this thread is great keeps me motivated!!
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#1913 *Casey*

*Casey*
      • 5,209 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jkcz0702
        I made it back to the gym for 60 min of bootcamp and 45 min of pilates. Yes this thread is great keeps me motivated!!
        I saw that my gym has a "bootcamp" class too. What is it exactly? Like just a full body conditioning or something?

#1914 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
        • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

Try bellydancing. There usually isn't full blast AC and the results are great! My arms and abs changed the most. PS, DH loves that I do it b/c sometimes I practice at home.

#1915 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

kacie3344 my gym has a couple of bootcamp classes
            today was a mix of everything - we used weights, big ball, stepper, rubber tube they changed every other move was weights and then cardio

the other class (different instructor) no weights but all jumping jacks, sprints, pushups, crunches and boxing moves.

It is a really good workout.

I would like to try Bellydancing that sounds like fun we dont have it at the gym. We do have Zumba has anyone tried that, I haven't but would like to.
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#1916 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jkcz0702
              kacie3344 my gym has a couple of bootcamp classes
              today was a mix of everything - we used weights, big ball, stepper, rubber tube they changed every other move was weights and then cardio

the other class (different instructor) no weights but all jumping jacks, sprints, pushups, crunches and boxing moves.

It is a really good workout.

I would like to try Bellydancing that sounds like fun we dont have it at the gym. We do have Zumba has anyone tried that, I haven't but would like to.
              Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to look into it. I took a belly dancing class once, but not at a gym. It was at a dance studio where you just pay per class so it may be different. My friend and I had so much fun! I didn't feel like it was that much of a workout though, but they probably didn't incorporate that much cardio like a gym class would. Maybe i'll try it at my gym.

#1917 seaprincess

seaprincess
              • 753 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:59 AM

After a week on vacation and nothing but relaxing, I went back to the gym for the first time!! I had to trick myself by loading up my car with my gear so I wouldn't go home first and crash on the couch. I felt amazing after my hour of weights, as I always do, but today was extra hard to get there. It's crunch time...gotta bust my butt for my BD session which is at the end of October. I want to look my best, so no more slacking now that summer is over!
                Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#1918 *Casey*

*Casey*
                • 5,209 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by seaprincess
                  After a week on vacation and nothing but relaxing, I went back to the gym for the first time!! I had to trick myself by loading up my car with my gear so I wouldn't go home first and crash on the couch. I felt amazing after my hour of weights, as I always do, but today was extra hard to get there. It's crunch time...gotta bust my butt for my BD session which is at the end of October. I want to look my best, so no more slacking now that summer is over!
                  You can do it . I know it's hard to get back into it after taking some time off, but it'll totally be worth it in the end

#1919 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

My I PLEASE join this thread?!. I need a little motivation too!
                    I have the gym membership and am pretty faithful to tuedays Pilates class. That's where it ends. I think now that fall is here I will do more. I do take the dogs for a walk, but they end up sniffin around so much it is hardly a workout, more like fresh air! And I golf once or twice a week... but drink beer so i think the exercise and beer pretty much cancel eachother out!

#1920 *Casey*

*Casey*
                    • 5,209 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by soontobeamrs
                      My I PLEASE join this thread?!. I need a little motivation too!
                      I have the gym membership and am pretty faithful to tuedays Pilates class. That's where it ends. I think now that fall is here I will do more. I do take the dogs for a walk, but they end up sniffin around so much it is hardly a workout, more like fresh air! And I golf once or twice a week... but drink beer so i think the exercise and beer pretty much cancel eachother out!
                      Everyone is welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users