Photo

Have you exercised today?

• Please log in to reply
4634 replies to this topic

#111 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

I think I may buy Turbo jam this weekend..I heard it was really fun and I am getting bored with Slim in 6..it works but boring

#112 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
    • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:38 PM

Let me know what you think! I think it will be a great investment!
      http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

#113 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
      • 631 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

I sure will!

To the denise austin ladies, which denise tape are you guys doing? I am on amazon and there are tons of them

Thanks!

#114 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

I've heard about Turbo Jam too - please let me know what you find out or what it's all about - I am not against spending the $$ for it if it's good! I've taken kick boxing to Tae Bo classes before, and love them (I call them punching class!) - but I just am not in one city long enough to join a gym (grumble grumble, poor me). If I could do it at home, or take the tape with me - then I could do that easier.

About the sit-ups - that makes total sense, and I guess I knew that about having to lose the fat first to show the muscle. That's just something entirely different - I am a sucker for a good meal! I can't give up the "good" stuff, I'll just try to eat less of it!

#115 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:12 PM

None of us want to "give up the good stuff" and you shouldn't, you should just eat less of it. I think if you are eating healthy most of the time, then you should be able to eat "bad" things without worrying about it. Just work out a little harder that day, and eat a little less of it than you want to, and you will be fine. For real, one meal does not make you gain weight, even though we think it does, its a proven fact that it does not. Its constantly eating bad things that makes us gain weight.

Also, something I just started doing is eating only brown rice, whole wheat pasta and whole wheat bread, eating less of the white stuff, and so far its helping. You feel full faster, and it makes you more regular so to speak. So, give that a try. I don't find it taste's that much different, but it makes a big difference in your body.

#116 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
            • 631 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

I agree Jules. I actually love brown rice and whole wheat pasta. The whole wheat pasta actually taste better to me. I even have my mother using the whole wheat pasta when she her famous spaghetti!

I also prefer the brown rice with a sushi roll instead of the white rice!

#117 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

I never thought I would like it so much, but it really is good. And, you don't feel all tired and gross after eating it, like white pasta. So, its my new thing and I am sticking to it for sure. A lot of restaurants give you the option as well, you have to pay $1 more sometimes, but it is totally worth it.

#118 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
                • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:48 PM

Is it hard to find Sushi with brown rice? I like wheat pasta better too
                  http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

#119 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                  • 631 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by soon2bmrsbyers
                    Is it hard to find Sushi with brown rice? I like wheat pasta better too
                    I’m not sure. Where I get sushi from they offer it. I thought it was the norm. I only eat sushi at 2 places. I just became a fan of it :)

#120 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Julesr
                      Also, something I just started doing is eating only brown rice, whole wheat pasta and whole wheat bread, eating less of the white stuff, and so far its helping. You feel full faster, and it makes you more regular so to speak. So, give that a try. I don't find it taste's that much different, but it makes a big difference in your body.
                      Funny - we JUST ordered lunch (Chinese) and I got brown rice. I try to do those things too - be better when it's just easier - like use skim milk in my Starbucks (i can't taste the diff anyway), and wheat bread when I can (I actually prefer it) - stuff like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users