Photo

Anyone getting private catamaran trip for guests in Cancun?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lovefreddy

lovefreddy
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:51 PM

My FI and I would like to do a private catamaran trip for our guests the day after the wedding. Just curious who else has looked into this and what they've seen with the costs. We will have about 45 people.

Thanks!

Jen
    *REMOVED DUE TO EXCESSIVE SIZE*

#2 SheaS

SheaS
    • 380 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

We did just south of Cancun and it was 50.00 per person which included transportation, drinks, snorkeling, and a spinneker (kind of like parasailing). Our entire group had fun.

#3 Millie & George

Millie & George
      • 49 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:23 AM

Hi Shea

Can you tell us where you organised your trip from?

I checked with Lomas Travel but quote was so much more expensive than that!

Thanks x

#4 amy706

amy706
        • 506 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

that's very helpful! Someone recommended Reserve Your Mayan Riviera Tour Online with Paradise Catamarans

I havent' really looked into it yet but I want to do a sunset cruise for our guests (probably ~80 poeple). THANKS FOR THE GREAT POST!
          Amy706
          Washington, DC
          Dreams Tulum
          December 5, 2008
          Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#5 jlink78

jlink78
          • 207 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

I'm looking to do a catamaran trip for our guests too. I got a quite of $60 per person from Partners sites | dtraveller.com .

It included:
            - 4 hour sunset ride
            - Snorkeling
            - Open bar

Their catamarans only hold 45 people though and right now we already have 50 booked and are expecting more so this doesn't work for us. They were very nice and very prompt in responding though for anyone with less then 45 people.

#6 SheaS

SheaS
            • 380 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Millie & George
              Hi Shea

Can you tell us where you organised your trip from?

I checked with Lomas Travel but quote was so much more expensive than that!

Thanks x
              I kind of checked around, and Alex at EDR got us the best deal. He was at the K Activites kiask, and worked for Lomas. The actual catamaran was at Maroma Marina, which was about 15 minutes away from EDR.
              Just an FYI, they said NO drinking on the catamaran was allowed, and that the free drinks were supposed to be given to us afterwards at the Marina. Well, they ended up contiuously refilling our glasses on the catamaran. Alex had mentioned that we would be a liability if we were drinking and snorkeling, but it was a different story on the boat! :)
              After the boat, we received free chips salsa, guac and dips at the Marina's restaurant. We had to buy our drinks there.
              The entire trip was about 4 hours...

#7 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

We looked into something like Shea had.
                It was some sort of party boat where there was drinking and snorkeling, but we couldn't get people to leave Dreams!

We got a small group to do the Jungle tour which had snorkeling for $65 through the tour group that was on-site. (It was more expensive than our Chichen Itza tour). The actual boat ride was fun, but you are either in a 2 or 4 person boat.

Shea's excursion sounds like a lot of fun!

#8 jlink78

jlink78
                • 207 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:55 AM

I just got a really awesome quote from Catamaran Tours in Cancun sailing to Isla Mujeres .

They quoted me $1375 for a private catamaran for approx 50 people. This price would include:
                  - 4 hours in the catamaran
                  - snorkeling at Isla Mujeres
                  - Spinaker Flight if the weather allows
                  - Open National Bar at the Catamaran
                  - light Lunch (baguette, and fries)
                  - taxes

This breaks down to $27.50 PP!!!

I'm still waiting to hear back from the concierge at my resort too to see what they have to offer. I'll let you know if they give me anything good.

#9 SheaS

SheaS
                  • 380 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:27 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jlink78
                    I just got a really awesome quote from Catamaran Tours in Cancun sailing to Isla Mujeres .

They quoted me $1375 for a private catamaran for approx 50 people. This price would include:
                    - 4 hours in the catamaran
                    - snorkeling at Isla Mujeres
                    - Spinaker Flight if the weather allows
                    - Open National Bar at the Catamaran
                    - light Lunch (baguette, and fries)
                    - taxes

This breaks down to $27.50 PP!!!

I'm still waiting to hear back from the concierge at my resort too to see what they have to offer. I'll let you know if they give me anything good.

THis sounds like a really great deal, plus they get to see Isla Mujeres!

#10 Millie & George

Millie & George
                    • 49 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:35 AM

Thank you everyone for these contact details, I shall get in touch and see what we can negotiate xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users