Photo

Riu Ocho Day Pass Procedures

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

I know this may have been mentioned before somewhere on the forum, but I was wondering how does this work?

Do we have to give the resort the guest list in advance with the proper payment?

Can the guest pay when they get there?

Is it definitely going to be $50 per person if you are hosting a wedding?

I sent these questions to Chandlyn, but I am pretty sure she is going to take about 2 weeks to get back to me with half an answer.

#2 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:56 AM

We're getting married at RIU Vallarta and the WC there told us it was $50 for half day and $100 for a whole day pass.

I'm not sure if the prices are different or how it works either but keep us posted!
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#3 Mich

Mich
      • 96 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:17 AM

I was told that the names (and payment) of the attendees coming onto the resort have to be given beforehand at a cost of $50.
        If their names are not given then its $80 and they would pay when they get there.
        This price is for a 2am cut off.

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:25 AM

According to Chandlyn:

Hi Yolanda

The cost of the Day pass is US50 per person for off-property wedding guests.They are allowed to come to the resort one hour before the wedding and stay as late as 2:00am.

They are allowed to come on property for the rehearsal and welcome party by purchasing a pass.

Regards

Chandlyn

I didn't ask her when the $ is paid, but I'm assuming that you would give her the names of the guests & the $ when you meet with her.

#5 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
          • 298 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:22 AM

Thanks for posting. I hope she responds the same way to me as she did to you!!!

#6 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
            • 802 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

What about family that lives in Jamaica, that wants to vist you at the resort before or after your wedding? Is there a charge?

#7 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
              • 298 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

That is what I was getting alot. We have a quite a few family members that live in Jamaica and I was trying to figure out how we were going to work this.

#8 Bride010101

Bride010101
                • 1,547 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:41 PM

I'm not 100% sure on the policy... but my guess would be that your family would need a guest pass to come to the resort no matter what day it is.

Also, just wanted to make sure you are aware of the Riu 80% rule:

*In order to have a wedding at our RIU Hotels & Resorts, the couple and the 80 percent of the total amount of the wedding guests must stay at the hotel where the wedding will be performed. This is a strict Riu policy we must follow. (Taken from Riu wedding FAQ)

#9 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                  • 802 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

i emailed chandlyn about this issue and she responded saying that it was $80.

She didn't specify if that was a daily or weekly rate and if it included the cost to come onto the resort for the wedding. I just sent her a follow up email to verify.

I'm starting to run into issues, because I have ALOT of family in Jamaica and I am paying for all of my family plus their spouse.......but now, people from the states that are flying to Jamaica are saying that they will not be staying at the hotel, and I REFUSE TO PAY FOR THEM!!!! wtf??

#10 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                    • 298 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

Well, we came across the same issue. We decided that we were not going to pay for the family members that are in Jamaica because if you think about they got the lucky end of the stick. They only have to pay around $50 to attend the wedding but our family members flying out from the states have to pay an average of about $1000 per person to attend. We just didn't think it was fair. If you pay for one, you should pay for all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users