Photo

Newbie - Mazatlan Mexico Bride!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 salsa_bride

salsa_bride
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:34 AM

Hello all! This looks like a great site to help me get information on having a wedding in Mexico. Got engaged last November 13 in Negril Jamaica and now that the holidays are almost over, need to start planning! We are planning for a Spring 2008 wedding (April/May) in Mazatlan Mexico. One main reason is that I have a girlfriend that lives there that will hopefully be a great help to us. Also, we are not going the "resort wedding package" route... but I'm nervous and worried about getting guests there (from Toronto), securing suppliers (flowers, photography, etc etc). Anyways, can't wait to get started and hearing from ANYONE who has gotten married or will be married in Mazatlan.

Thanks!
    Darlene

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:37 AM

Welcome Darlene! I don't have any friends who have gotten married there, but I have family members who recently went to a wedding their (a relative of theirs lives in that area). What I do know is that if your not going the resort wedding, and you are using local vendors, etc. it is very affordable. If your friend speaks spanish (I'm assuming she does) I'm sure she can ask around as to which vendors have a good reputation. If you want to know something specific I would be more than happy to ask my aunt if she could get the names of vendors that her niece used, etc. Hope some of this helps and good luck with the planning.

-Glenda

#3 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:40 AM

welcome darlene! I don't think we have any Mazatlan brides yet but I'm sure you'll find other info which will pertain to your wedding. I think I've exhausted my search for PV locatations, so now that I'm bored (and waiting for the hotels to reply) I'll look at some Mazatlan locations for you!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:41 AM

welcome to the forum Darlene...although you are the first mazatlan bride, we have a ton of mexico brides that are here to help!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 salsa_bride

salsa_bride
        • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:55 AM

Wow, such quick responses!! Glenda, a list of any vendors is a great start for me since I have nothing yet! I am planning to fly down to Mazatlan this Spring sometime to start the bookings and planning... so the more info I have to go down with, the better!! It will be a full week of meeting planners, vendors, etc.!! I'm curious to know what seasonal flowers will be available in April/May in mazatlan.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by salsa_bride
          Wow, such quick responses!! Glenda, a list of any vendors is a great start for me since I have nothing yet! I am planning to fly down to Mazatlan this Spring sometime to start the bookings and planning... so the more info I have to go down with, the better!! It will be a full week of meeting planners, vendors, etc.!! I'm curious to know what seasonal flowers will be available in April/May in mazatlan.
          hi darlene,
          here some seasonal flower info:

http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t819

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:42 AM

Welcome to the forum Darlene! It's great to have brides from new places here, I think you're our first Mazatlan!

#8 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

Welcome to the forum. Its so great that you have a friend that lives in your DW area. She is going to be such a great asset to you!
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 leigh miller

leigh miller
              • 936 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:57 PM

welcome! congrats and happy planning!

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:24 PM

Welcome, Darlene - I love that we have a bride now getting married in Mazatlan - I vacationed there with my family when I was younger and loved it - I can't wait to hear more about your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users