• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#51 KarmaB

KarmaB
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by becks
    I find that the eyebrow and lip do tend to cause little pimples.
    Just thought I would let you guys know about a product called "Tend Skin", it helps a lot with those little pimple breakouts after waxing. It stings a bit but helps me a lot to not break out.

#52 Alipires1

Alipires1
    • 298 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

I love them!! I 'm preparing for mine now. Make sure you don't shave for a while. If the hair is too short the wax will pull on your skin and that is probably the most painful part. I get the Brazilian and it is great to not have to worry about shaving.

#53 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:52 AM

I've had brazillians done (EVERYTHING gone) and loved it. I stopped getting brazillians because I decided to go the laser hair removal route and so far it's working out great.

I would say going a week before your wedding would be a good amount of time for the waxing.

#54 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:55 AM

Wow you girls are SO BRAVE!! I am scared! I think it hurts like hell to get my eyebrows waxed LOL!! Maybe I can get enough courage up to do it.....

#55 kristi

kristi
          • 62 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

It's the worst pain I have ever felt but totally worth it!!

#56 Virg

Virg
            • 684 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:43 AM

This post is quite entertaining!
              I have been getting brazilians for about 5 years now, all my friends that have started doing this (after my suggestion) have LOVED the results!

So here is your to do list :

1 - TRIM. the longer the hair is, the more the wax needs to be pulled, therefore the more it hurts. The hair can be as short as 1/2 a cm ( about 1/3 of an inch).

2- Make sure the estetician wears gloves. Gross I know...

3 - wear sweatpants, cotton loose fitting underwear.

4 - Don't worry about wearing old underwear. Most esteticians see more va-jay-jay than a gyno. Show it off, we all have one.

5 - apply cream right after while at the salon - most good esteticians will do this anyway. It helps to ease the skin irritation that will occur while walking in your sweatpants.

6 - Hot bath that evening, at least 20 minutes, this will help all the wax get removed from your pores, less breakouts and ingrowns.

7- Make sure to exfoliate (loofah and bodywash) and apply Tea tree oil after you bath, except that first bath, your skin will be too sensitive.

8 - do it for the first time at least 3 months before the wedding that way the first time will be a test run, see how long you are tender for, then redo about 2 weeks before DW.

Regrowth can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks. The more you do it, the slower the growth AND the less hair there is! Which means it becomes less painful!

You have been warned, once you go to Brazil, you never leave...

P.S. Advil /tylenol beforehand really doesn't do much, it's a mind over matter thing. It can actually make your pores bleed more (comparableto suggestions when getting a tattoo).
              Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
              Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#57 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
              • 1,565 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:27 PM

3 shots of tequila and a leather belt to bite down on

if you havent seen this video it is HISTERICAL
                YouTube - Bikini waxing
                it shows the faces of all these women (theres even one guy) as its... umm removed.

oh what you women put yourself through... god bless you :)

#58 Jenn

Jenn
                • 1,557 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jean-marcus
                  3 shots of tequila and a leather belt to bite down on

if you havent seen this video it is HISTERICAL
                  YouTube - Bikini waxing
                  it shows the faces of all these women (theres even one guy) as its... umm removed.

oh what you women put yourself through... god bless you :)
                  Too friggen funny!!! I really don't think I've ever actually screamed... lol.

#59 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:18 PM

I have to admit, I screamed before. This one crazy lady was totally rough, ouch!

The best least painful brazilian I have ever had was at the Hard Rock Cafe Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas. I was so impressed with her technique.

#60 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

So do you think I could use that as an excuse to go on a mini vacay to vegas, Yari??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users