Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spazz

Bikini Wax?

Recommended Posts

meagan--hhmmm, what is sugaring??

 

hockeymom--it's really not as bad as you'd think, the lady should always make you feel comfortable. my lady talks to me about all kinds of crazy things (she's brazilian) and it really distracts me. i get more weirded out going to the gyn, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO!! All I know is this thread is HILARIOUS!!! lol... I have never gotten a wax either but I will be trying before the wedding.....I will just have to "Man Up" to the pain...Im sure it will be fine..My friend recommended this salon in NY..www.eveswebsite.com/ she said to go see '"Mya"

 

YIKES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok for those girls totes looking for a great braz. wax in the Queens, NY area I just came back from the best place possible and had to rave about here for the girls in the Queens area.... Ive gotten many many braz. waxes in my day but these people were total perfectionist and it was a great price! Since I recently moved to Flushing, NY Ive been reading reviews in different forums of different places and found a place called Maldi Beauty Parlour that had braz. wax @ $35. For the price and positive reviews I decided to give them a try. The place it totally no frills AT ALL, so if your looking for a Spa Experience this is totally not the place for you.... but the Dasda(my waxer) was amazing! After doing the full braz she went on to thread the shorter hairs so that it was perfectly smooth and with virtually no pain...Just like Meagan I love sugaring but Im definitely coming back to this place for everything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I got my first wax (and a Brazilian at that!) right before I left for my wedding. I also did the armpits. I got it on a Saturday and left on Sunday for Mexico, the wedding was the following Saturday. It did the blue wax. It was horrible. It basically left bloody holes that stayed for several days down there. The armpits weren't too irritated. Then it started growing back within about 5 days. I had to shave under my arms by Thursday and down there by Wednesday. I had more than 10 days growth under the arms and WAAAAY more down there.

 

When it started growing back in I had terrible ingrown hairs. I am very prone to these anyway but having them in your bikini line and having them EVERYWHERE is very different. I did everything they told me, exfoliate, use a calming lotion...... I used pumice cleanser, glycolic acid, hydrocortisone cream, neosporin, bikini zone. Basically everything I could find. I was so embarassed by the mess below I didn't even want to consumate the marriage on the honeymoon! A good friend of mine said she always had problems with ingrown hairs when waxing so now she gets laser hair removal. Way more painful process but no irritation after.

 

Moral of the story, don't try it right before your wedding and if you are prone to irritation and ingrown hairs, waxing is not going to improve that. And if you are a hairy sascquach like me, don't expect it to last weeks or even one week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its really hard to explain but real sugaring uses a taffy like substance to pull the hairs out. It only attaches to the hairs and does not remove layers of skin like waxing. And the taffy like substance is resused multiple times... I know it sounds weird but it is very cool! my hair growth the second time around was sooo minimal it was almost ridiculous lol. I obviously dont mind. It was very awesome. And so much less painful!

 

Sugaring Hair Removal- How Sugaring Hair Removal Works, Pros, Cons & Prices

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugaring_(epilation)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eeeek, sorry you had such a bad experience!

 

But I had laser hair removal before my wedding and while my hair is def thinner and more sparse then it was before, it is also DEF not permanent. I had to remove the hair while doing laser hair removal, between treatments and now 2 years later I'm doing a monthly brazilian wax. So I really don't think it was worth it for the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
Its really hard to explain but real sugaring uses a taffy like substance to pull the hairs out. It only attaches to the hairs and does not remove layers of skin like waxing. And the taffy like substance is resused multiple times... I know it sounds weird but it is very cool! my hair growth the second time around was sooo minimal it was almost ridiculous lol. I obviously dont mind. It was very awesome. And so much less painful!

Sugaring Hair Removal- How Sugaring Hair Removal Works, Pros, Cons & Prices

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugaring_(epilation)
thanks for the info, definately sounds better than waxing!! the lady i got to uses the hard wax, which i thought would be the same as sugaring, but it's not at all. do they use the paste or gel on you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Eeeek, sorry you had such a bad experience!

But I had laser hair removal before my wedding and while my hair is def thinner and more sparse then it was before, it is also DEF not permanent. I had to remove the hair while doing laser hair removal, between treatments and now 2 years later I'm doing a monthly brazilian wax. So I really don't think it was worth it for the price.
just curious...how many sessions did you have? i have several friends that got laser hair removal and it took multiple sessions over the course of several months because they have to treat the hair when it's at a certain stage in the growth cycle or it will definately grow back. they have had permanent results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had six sessions. They have NO regrowth? Like I said, my hair is much thinner and comes in more sparsely, but it definitely is not a permanent fix. And I'm a blonde with practically no body hair to begin with, so it's not like I'm a hairy beast. I don't know anyone who has had results permanently.

 

I know Ana on here, who lives in Mexico, has practically her whole body done, but she goes for treatments continually and lvoes the results. But she needs to keep getting the treatment done, b/c it's not permanent for her.

 

Good for them if it has permanent results! But I'd be interested to see what they say 2 years after their treatment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalsu View Post
Okay I got my first wax (and a Brazilian at that!) right before I left for my wedding. I also did the armpits. I got it on a Saturday and left on Sunday for Mexico, the wedding was the following Saturday. It did the blue wax. It was horrible. It basically left bloody holes that stayed for several days down there. The armpits weren't too irritated. Then it started growing back within about 5 days. I had to shave under my arms by Thursday and down there by Wednesday. I had more than 10 days growth under the arms and WAAAAY more down there.

When it started growing back in I had terrible ingrown hairs. I am very prone to these anyway but having them in your bikini line and having them EVERYWHERE is very different. I did everything they told me, exfoliate, use a calming lotion...... I used pumice cleanser, glycolic acid, hydrocortisone cream, neosporin, bikini zone. Basically everything I could find. I was so embarassed by the mess below I didn't even want to consumate the marriage on the honeymoon! A good friend of mine said she always had problems with ingrown hairs when waxing so now she gets laser hair removal. Way more painful process but no irritation after.

Moral of the story, don't try it right before your wedding and if you are prone to irritation and ingrown hairs, waxing is not going to improve that. And if you are a hairy sascquach like me, don't expect it to last weeks or even one week.


LOL.. thats all...smile120.gif

And sidebar...I still plan on trying waxing once....Just to say Ive done it...
" hairy sadcquach"...ROTFL... U girls are silly on here...Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the "Brazilian" and I never have any issues. No redness, no bumps, no bleeding!! I think it depends on the type of wax they use and who you go too.. Mine lasts about 3 weeks before the hair grows back in. I recommend it to ALL my friends.. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×