Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HydneW

Newbie -- Los Cabos wedding

Recommended Posts

Hola Everyone! Iâ€ve been browsing this site for a few days now and have found all of your information very helpful, so I thought Iâ€d join. But, Iâ€m new to this whole forum thing…so I hope Iâ€m posting properly. We are trying to plan a DW in Los Cabos, Mexico preferably for July 2007. My fiancé and I currently live in manhattan. His friends are mostly from Cali and mine are here in NY/NJ, so we thought Los Cabos would be a fair option.

 

My choice – Fiesta Americana

His choice – Dreams

 

Right now, we are leaning towards Dreams because the AI option sounds more budget-friendly for us and our guests. However, Iâ€m debating if it would be a good idea to ask our guests to stay and hang with us at Dreams and then host the ceremony/reception elsewhere. I would really appreciate your opinions since many of you seem to have more experience with the location, planning, and such. Mostly also, I just wanted to introduce myself and say “HI!!â€

 

smile29.gif -- Wendy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi wendy,

 

welcome to the forum...there are quite a few dreams brides on here...i am one myself wink.gif

 

regarding your question about hosting a reception elsewhere...i think one of the main reasons to get married at dreams is because they have beautiful ceremony/reception spots and it is such a good deal...$22 per person for a buffet or 3 course meal and open bar...you can't beat that!

 

i posted a ton of pics so let me know if i can help in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tammy,

 

Awesome! I didnâ€t realize the $22 included the buffet and the open bar. Just thought it was the site fee per person.

 

I actually already took a peek at your wedding website and pics on Juan Carlos Tapiaâ€s website earlier this week. Your wedding seemed wonderful…loved reading your ceremony…and thought you looked beautiful in your pictures.

 

Thanks so much for hosting and for the welcome message!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydneW View Post
Hi Tammy,

Awesome! I didnâ€t realize the $22 included the buffet and the open bar. Just thought it was the site fee per person.

I actually already took a peek at your wedding website and pics on Juan Carlos Tapiaâ€s website earlier this week. Your wedding seemed wonderful…loved reading your ceremony…and thought you looked beautiful in your pictures.

Thanks so much for hosting and for the welcome message!
awww...you're very welcome...

here are some other dreams brides in case you want to pick their brains...

rebecca (recently married there)
carrie (recently married there)
meaghan (recently married there)
mburrow (recently married there)

nicole (NHPT-soon to be married)
Sarah (aqharider)
jennetta - JPMO
edya
sarahmc
nataliem
kate (lala)
jennifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, glad you decided to join. I am also a Dreams bride and I agree with Tammy. Hosting your event elsewhere would defeat the purpose of selecting Dreams. Don't get me wrong it's a great property otherwise but it's the best deal ever for a reception. Many resorts will have you paying $60-$80 per plate not including a bar.

 

Also, I know it may not seem like it now but the small items add up quickly. You'll be glad you didn't spend 60% of your budget on food for one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMO View Post
Welcome, glad you decided to join. I am also a Dreams bride and I agree with Tammy. Hosting your event elsewhere would defeat the purpose of selecting Dreams. Don't get me wrong it's a great property otherwise but it's the best deal ever for a reception. Many resorts will have you paying $60-$80 per plate not including a bar.

Also, I know it may not seem like it now but the small items add up quickly. You'll be glad you didn't spend 60% of your budget on food for one day.
Okay, okay...it's so true. I thought I would have to keep aside 50% of my budget for the reception dinner. But, I need to remember this is a DW and not some fancy fake wedding in nyc.
You Dreams brides are winning me over. So practical...luv it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydneW View Post
Okay, okay...it's so true. I thought I would have to keep aside 50% of my budget for the reception dinner. But, I need to remember this is a DW and not some fancy fake wedding in nyc.
You Dreams brides are winning me over. So practical...luv it!
well, the $$ you save on the one reception you can use for a fabulous welcome dinner...or fireworks for your reception...cabo is so beautiful you need little else to make it a memorable wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Wendy,

 

I am also from NY (Queens) and am leaning towards Dreams in Cabo. I liked the Fiesta Americana as well but it is very pricey. I know we're used to ridiculous prices in NYC but the girls are right everything adds up pretty quickly. I just recently received an e-mail from the WC at Dreams so if you want me to forward it to you let me know. Good luck with the wedding planning!

 

-Glenda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×