Blue glass stones for vase

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 KellyandMatt08

• 490 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:49 AM

I'm thinking about doing centerpieces now... I wasnt going to originally but now here is what I'm thinking. Short square vases with blue glass like stones at the bottom filled with Gerbera Daisies. I'm thinking more glass like then actual stones, almost clear or see through. Does anyone have any ideas where I can buy the blue stones for cheap?

#2 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

kelly - i would go to lowes or a garden supply store - i always see stuff like that in bulk at those places.

#3 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

Are you talking about the glass marble things or beach glass?

They have both at the Dollar Tree/$1 store here.

This seller on e-bay seems to have good pricing. The dollar store bags are kind of small so the bulk deal sounds good.
        Beach Glass / Sea Glass Light Blue Mix GIANT 5LB Bag - eBay (item 330210665214 end time Mar-09-08 11:51:54 PDT)

#4 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:57 AM

I have some blue sea glass that I bought at Pottery Barn last year for a home decor project I never finished. I think I have either 3 or 4 bags (they're probably around 5lbs each). They were expensive (don't remember how much, but something like $10 each), I'd sell them for $15 + shipping.

#5 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

ditto, I bought mine at the dollar store, and they are just as good as the others I have seen in the store

#6 michelle08

• VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:07 PM

I was also having trouble finding pink glass gems...I finally found some at super walmart but not just pink alone...red, pink and clear so I will sift through the 3 bags I bought and take all the pink out. Howeer, I saw blue alot. dark blue though. I am not sure what color blue you're looking for?

The garden stores are a good idea...I didn't think of that. I think Michaels had blue too.

I like your idea...it wil look very nice. what color daisies?

#7 michelle08

• VIP Member
              • 2,702 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

I am going to dollar store today at my lunch! they never surprise me...they have everything..

#8 ticia277

• 212 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

I got my glass stones from Walmart. They were around $2 each pack. They have LOTS of colors.
                  Loving Married Life!

#9 KellyandMatt08

• 490 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

Thanks everyone for your help! I didn't think they would be easy to find, I guess I was wrong.
                    Sarah- Thanks, I'm going to look around and see if I can find some, if not I will definately take you up on your offer!
                    Michelle- I'm not sure what color daisies yet, all of the bouquets will be gerbera daisies but I haven't figured out colors yet.

#10 TammyDez

• 146 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

I got the blue and clear stones from the dollar tree and I did some demos I need advise on. I am going to post the poll tonight they look great for a dollar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users