Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#411 lrdavis23

lrdavis23
  • Member
  • 876 posts

    Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSNM
    Okay I just got an email from Deyanira that the buffet was $50-55 plus $26 taxes and gratuities o_O?? She said those were 2009 prices. Am I missing something?
    Ohh my I hope that is not the price, that would equal out to 63.00 per person x's 50 people = 3,150.00

    SSNM did she send you a menu ? Autumn1 sent me a menu and pricing for 2009 and that is waaaayyy cheaper than what you just quoted wheewww we have to figure this out because I definitley have 50+ people.
    Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

    #412 SSNM

    SSNM
    • Member
    • 675 posts

      Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

      Okay so I looked at the buffet menu she sent me and it said $32 pp...I emailed her to ask why she said $55 when the menu says $32 and she responed that the $55 menu and the $32 menu are not the same...then re-sent me the $32 menu. So perhaps there is a $55 menu that she thought she sent me the first time but didn't?? I dunno, I am not going to question it anymore and just go with the $32 menu and be done with it.

      Oh, just FYI:

      - Apparently they will not put flowers on cake due to potential contamination.
      - If you want a ribbon around your cake, you have to bring it yourself.
      - The gazebo fits 100 people,
      - Rehersal dinners cost the same as the dinner packages.
      - Chuppahs cost $350 for those thinking of a beach ceremony.
      - There is no upper limit for the plated dinners but after 50 it is recommended to do buffet for faster service.

      Hope that helps someone

      #413 lrdavis23

      lrdavis23
      • Member
      • 876 posts

        Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:42 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SSNM
        Okay so I looked at the buffet menu she sent me and it said $32 pp...I emailed her to ask why she said $55 when the menu says $32 and she responed that the $55 menu and the $32 menu are not the same...then re-sent me the $32 menu. So perhaps there is a $55 menu that she thought she sent me the first time but didn't?? I dunno, I am not going to question it anymore and just go with the $32 menu and be done with it.

        Oh, just FYI:

        - Apparently they will not put flowers on cake due to potential contamination.
        - If you want a ribbon around your cake, you have to bring it yourself.
        - The gazebo fits 100 people,
        - Rehersal dinners cost the same as the dinner packages.
        - Chuppahs cost $350 for those thinking of a beach ceremony.
        - There is no upper limit for the plated dinners but after 50 it is recommended to do buffet for faster service.

        Hope that helps someone
        Thanks SSNM you have helped alot of us. I am brining fake flowers for my cake and the ribbon. Good to know how the rehersal dinners work, cause I definitley didn't know that, and I 'm glad to hear its not required to have a buffet because the menu gives you the impresion that at 50+ people you have to have a buffet.

        Toya
        Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

        #414 Tam

        Tam
        • Member
        • 551 posts

          Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

          Hey SSNM or Irdavis,
          Could you send me a copy of those two menus please?
          Pm me for my email address or Toya if they are in the packages you sent me already then I will just look again...
          maybe I'll just look now to see for sure...

          #415 ebredhawk

          ebredhawk
          • Member
          • 949 posts

            Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by nsbride2010
            T&C, I am personally dealing with Deyanira and she is WONDERFUL so far!! I have also heard that Sharron is great too, and she is the head w/c down there. I have heard that sometimes this can make her response time a little slower, but thats understandable!
            have you actually been assigned deyanira?? they told me the last time i emailed them (about a month ago) that i would find out my specific assignment soon, but i haven't heard anything.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by lrdavis23
            Ohh my I hope that is not the price, that would equal out to 63.00 per person x's 50 people = 3,150.00

            SSNM did she send you a menu ? Autumn1 sent me a menu and pricing for 2009 and that is waaaayyy cheaper than what you just quoted wheewww we have to figure this out because I definitley have 50+ people.
            Oh, just FYI:

            - Apparently they will not put flowers on cake due to potential contamination.
            - If you want a ribbon around your cake, you have to bring it yourself.
            - The gazebo fits 100 people,
            - Rehersal dinners cost the same as the dinner packages.
            - Chuppahs cost $350 for those thinking of a beach ceremony.
            - There is no upper limit for the plated dinners but after 50 it is recommended to do buffet for faster service.

            Hope that helps someone
            woah.. that is awesome information.. thank you!! i hadn't even thought about asking for a chuppah.. did she give you any other information on that?? i definitely didn't want the arch so i was hoping they could just take it down, but if i can get a chuppah instead that would be fantastic!!

            #416 nsbride2010

            nsbride2010
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,528 posts

              Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

              hey Toya, will you send me those menus as well? :)

              And does anyone know what the chuppah looks like (that costs extra of course)? I'm not sure the arch is my style... haha
              Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

              #417 ebredhawk

              ebredhawk
              • Member
              • 949 posts

                Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by nsbride2010
                hey Toya, will you send me those menus as well? :)

                And does anyone know what the chuppah looks like (that costs extra of course)? I'm not sure the arch is my style... haha
                definitely not mine either!! soooo excited to hear the chuppah is an option! after one of the former brides said how pathetic the arch can look i wasn't too excited about it!

                #418 nsbride2010

                nsbride2010
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,528 posts

                  Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ebredhawk
                  definitely not mine either!! soooo excited to hear the chuppah is an option! after one of the former brides said how pathetic the arch can look i wasn't too excited about it!

                  I know! And to be quite frank, I was considering Majestic Colonial for the sole reason that they had a chuppah and not an arch! I think its a little expensive, but its what we want so we will still pay it!
                  Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

                  #419 lp579

                  lp579
                  • Newbie
                  • 70 posts

                    Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

                    Hey DPC brides! Someone had asked about tipping during/after the reception...just wanted to give you what we did. We tipped each server/bartender around $5-$10 USD (I can't remember the exact amount as I'd consumed a little tequila and my aunt was "taking care of this") Lol! We also tipped Deyanira around $40 as she really did an amazing job of everything!! They definitely appreciate something.... In the end, it's your personal preferance.

                    #420 lrdavis23

                    lrdavis23
                    • Member
                    • 876 posts

                      Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

                      Hey ladies I just emailed both menus for the 32.00 and the 55.00 buffet options. I gotta learn how to post documents on here lol....
                      Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users