Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#3341 smtc0245

smtc0245
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

We did lumies for our centre pieces too.  My mom found a template on martha Stewart and made a bunch for our tables, we put our menus on them.  I love them such an easy way to create a beautiful centre piece.

Bride, Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#3342 tookute69

tookute69
    • 167 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

Hi, Does anyone have pics of the cakes that they offer? I'm really worried about the whole cake thing.... Most of the cakes I've seen made by the resort is not what I would call my dream cake, but I did hear it was delicious!

40 guests booked + Bride & Groom

#3343 glam

glam
      • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sherri84 

Hi Ladies, 10 days left to go for me! I'm pretty much packed, just waiting for a few last min things to come in the mail! And my legal day is on Friday! I'm getting so excited

I just got my centerpieces in the mail today and I thought I'd share, I loveee them so much! They're lumies from a lady on etsy Lumies1.JPG

Love those!!! You are making me re-think my centerpiece idea. That is just gorgeous.  Congrats on the legal day- wow, your trip is right around the corner! How exciting!!

#3344 tookute69

tookute69
        • 167 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

Hi Sarah, I wanted to know if you can please send me the pics too? Thanks so much!!!

#3345 tookute69

tookute69
          • 167 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hi Sarah, I wanted to know if you can please send me the pics too? Thanks so much!!!  Kylene

Originally Posted by SomersSK 

Hi All,

Deyanira sent me pictures of the huppah (which I LOVE and have now decided to use) , and also of the flower options that are available for centerpeices or bouquets...if anyone is interested in seeing them I would be happy to email them to you!

Have a great day!!!

Sarah

#3346 debbiestarr

debbiestarr
            • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

Yes. as a cake cake decorator I worried about the same thing...but they use whip cream frosting so they cant do alot with the design. I dont even think they have access to fondant there. to be honest no one even cared about the cake.

#3347 lilboltz10

lilboltz10
              • 102 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

Hey guys -- I sent Carolina (my WC) a picture of the second cake and asked her if the baker can do it ... the first picture is the actual cake from the wedding.  We ordered the starfish online from Cakes By Sam -- they are fondant so edible -- and brought them down with us.

No one really paid attention to the cake until it was time to leave the reception a TON of the guests put their fingers in the icing!  It was definitely delicious though.  My husband and I only had the tiny bit of cake that we put into each other's mouth because we wanted to get back to dancing. 

Actual --

cake actual.jpg

Inspiration --

cake inspiration.jpg

#3348 debbiestarr

debbiestarr
                • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

this one is alot better then mine.

Hey guys -- I sent Carolina (my WC) a picture of the second cake and asked her if the baker can do it ... the first picture is the actual cake from the wedding.  We ordered the starfish online from Cakes By Sam -- they are fondant so edible -- and brought them down with us.

No one really paid attention to the cake until it was time to leave the reception a TON of the guests put their fingers in the icing!  It was definitely delicious though.  My husband and I only had the tiny bit of cake that we put into each other's mouth because we wanted to get back to dancing. 

Actual --

cake actual.jpg

Inspiration --

cake inspiration.jpg

#3349 ska2m

ska2m
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 150 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

This cake was actually one of the cakes Dreams made. I think it's really nice, yet simple and i could use my colors for the ribbons...... (I hope the image linked)

#3350 ska2m

ska2m
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 150 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:13 AM

Darn, it didn't....here it is.....cake.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users