Jump to content
LadyCheese

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn1 View Post
Erin, I can't download it at work, either...could you e-mail it to me when you get a chance?!?! autumnsump@yahoo.com ...thank you so much!

Hey, and does the iPod docking station charge your iPod, too? I feel like I have such silly little questions! lol

We are having Rick York do our ceremony, as well. He does charge the $300, so we just offered for him and his wife to come to our dinner and reception. I do not think I will be tipping him...I feel awful sometimes b/c I don't think I am "cheap" and I always tip my hair dresser, waitress, etc. very nicely. I just have mixed feelings on all of this tipping at a resort for the wedding when it is already all-inclusive and yet we are paying a very nice price above and beyond for any services, plus bringing 50-100 guests to their resort b/c of us. I don't know...maybe I am a terrible person!!...lol. But, isn't gratuity included in the dinner...seems like I remember a certain percentage being tacked on? Goodness...somebody help me justify this b/c I feel like a cheapskate!
Hi Erin, can you please forward it to me as well? rcaslib@gmail.com

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope everyone got some relief from Jocy's review, like I did! So thorough, and really put some of my worries at ease!

 

As for the question about what FI is wearing, for us, we decided to go against the grain and not choose a sand coloured suit. Instead, he is wearing a chocolate brown suit, with a white shirt and white tie, and his groomsmen are wearing chocolate brown pants, white shirts, and green ties (that match the bridesmaids' dresses). I loved the look of khaki, but in some photos I had seen, it seemed to blend in with the beach background too much! So we went with chocolate brown. :0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I think I may have asked this question before, but are you all planning events throughout the reception for guests to take part in? I've been to weddings where there are games, or trivia about the couple to make them kiss, but because our reception is so short, with dinner and speeches too, I was thinking just dancing afterward and not planning any real games throughout. And are you organizing events throughout the week for your guests to do? Or just letting them do their own thing? We're thinking of doing an excursion, but other than that, letting people do what they want when they want. BUT I don't want them to be bored!!!! :0S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocy View Post
Hey, the WC handed a print out of our bill to my husband at the wedding. I didn't even see the exchange happen! Then we got to review everything and sign it and hand it in at the reception when we checked out.

I'll double check what exactly we paid for the cake from the bill. But i know we only paid the extra $6.30 (or something like that) per person, i just can't remember if the free package included 10 people of 20. So we either paid for an extra 14 people or an extra 24 people.

Yes all the rooms have ipod docking stations in them!! And if your clock radio isn't an ipod docking station they provide a cable to play your ipod through. Perfect for getting ready tunes!!
Thanks Jocy !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taratoons View Post
Also, I think I may have asked this question before, but are you all planning events throughout the reception for guests to take part in? I've been to weddings where there are games, or trivia about the couple to make them kiss, but because our reception is so short, with dinner and speeches too, I was thinking just dancing afterward and not planning any real games throughout. And are you organizing events throughout the week for your guests to do? Or just letting them do their own thing? We're thinking of doing an excursion, but other than that, letting people do what they want when they want. BUT I don't want them to be bored!!!! :0S
Hey Tara, I was going to plan stuff for our guest but I remembered that this is there vacation also and didn't want control what they did, so I decided I would make suggestions of things that they can do and let them know where we would be so that way if they want to join they can or if they want to do there own activities on there on time that would be cool too. I don't think anyone would be bored at all DPC is huge resort with lots of things to do and plenty of excursions on Punta Cana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're definitely right, it's probably best to let people fend for themselves on the activity front, especially since many of our guests have never really travelled before, and I don't know if they are "read on the beach with a cocktail" type person, like myself, or "keep busy and do any active thing you can all day long" type person, like FI. :0) So how are you keeping everyone informed on where you'll be??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my welcome packet it will have schedule of the excursions we plan to do, which will only be a few and we plan on having dinner with our guest a couple times and just hanging on the beach as well. We will send the schedule out before we leave in the travel/welcome packet. Very similar to what Erin did for her welcome packet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdavis23 View Post
In my welcome packet it will have schedule of the excursions we plan to do, which will only be a few and we plan on having dinner with our guest a couple times and just hanging on the beach as well. We will send the schedule out before we leave in the travel/welcome packet. Very similar to what Erin did for her welcome packet.
You guys are worrying too much! Trust me, everyone will be doing their own thing, getting up when they want, eating when they want etc.

I found it good in most ways because when I ran into people and they wanted to eat with us, they did, if not it's "I'll see ya later"... People enjoy doing their own thing and not having to worry about meeting times, etc.
Some of my guests I only saw in passing or during the day and that was it.... it really isn't a big deal to them... think if the roles were reversed... you just want to enjoy/relax...shots.gif.. maybe have a drink!msnwink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
You guys are worrying too much! Trust me, everyone will be doing their own thing, getting up when they want, eating when they want etc.

I found it good in most ways because when I ran into people and they wanted to eat with us, they did, if not it's "I'll see ya later"... People enjoy doing their own thing and not having to worry about meeting times, etc.
Some of my guests I only saw in passing or during the day and that was it.... it really isn't a big deal to them... think if the roles were reversed... you just want to enjoy/relax...shots.gif.. maybe have a drink!msnwink.gif
I forgot to say we did always make plans with my immediate friends, but any of my relatives/neighbours etc (including my parents), I never even had one meal with .. except the wedding!

My sister just told me that she is going back to the resort for spring break in March.. sad.gif I am so sad not to be going too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×