Morgan's pre-wedding welcome letters & template for making a brochure

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#201 bride5656

• 338 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:36 AM

Oh wow they look amazing, thanks for sharing :))

#202 IslandBride201x

• 237 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:54 AM

These are fabulous! 

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
      Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#203 LisaMatterni

• 718 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

They look very great! 

#204 royalbride610

• 172 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Those brochures are awesome! I was going to make some until none of our guests made reservations lol. Oh well, I still found a use for this template though!

#205 Roxyjude

• 219 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

Great ideas!!!!

#206 pintsize1

• 165 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

thanks for sharing.

#207 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

I'm still unsure what all to include on my brochure so thanks for sharing, it gave me inspiration on what type of things to include on mine!

#208 Julietisurs

• 261 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:30 AM

This is a great idea! I'm going to try this out. Thanks for sharing!!! 

#209 charitydawn

• 157 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

love the background pic!

#210 YWS2012

• 393 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:44 AM

I LOVE IT !!!!!

THANK YOU FOR SOLVING MY ISSUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE 01/14/10: You can read through this thread & see how I managed to make the brochures I wanted for my wedding. I tried several ways to share the template with others, but it wasn’t easy. As you can see below, I was still figuring out photoshop back then.I wanted to come back to this project and make an easy to customize template for these programs. I’ve learned so much more about working with photoshop & knew I could do a much better job now. The template is so much easier to work with than before. I even recorded videos to walk people through it. That’s how DIY wedding kits was started. Visit this link to learn about my much improved brochure template. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.I used the vista print templates to make this. I didn't want to work in photoshop, because I use powerpoint more often. So I opened the pdf file, flattened the layers, and saved it as a jpg. I then made a powerpoint file that was 11.1 inches by 8.63 (File--> Page setup). I inserted the template jpg onto a slide. I then right clicked to change the color to washout. It also helps to trifold a piece of paper to determine what page is what.I plan on making brochures like this for a welcome letter & a meet the guests letter. As always, I'll post pictures of the real deal when they are done.UPDATE Here is the new version. I put a step by step guide with pictures for making the background on post #46, page 5. If you aren't that computer savy, I don't recommend trying to make the dark/light background- it's a little tricky. Just make the whole picture light so you can still read the text. If you want some premade backgrounds (you' will have to make your text fit in the boxes available) download it here Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.I ordered them on Feb 10th. Only $7.45 shipped from vista print. I love vista print! I'll let y'all know how they turn out.They came in! I couldn't be happier. I love them! I can't stop looking at them. Mike teased me because all 25 are the same, but I've read them each. I stuffed some in envelopes today to send to our family & friends who have booked. The quality is great from vista print. Probably my favorite vistaprint project so far. Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users