New to the site!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 svisconte

• 136 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:53 PM

Hello everyone,
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself on here. I am obviously new to this forum. I have recently started the process of planning my destination wedding in playa del carmen mexico. I am planning on getting married april 25, 2009 at the occidental grand xcaret. Although, I havent officially booked the hotel. I am still in the beginning stages. I have been doing alot of researching and this site has helped alot so far. I am still open to other recommendations for resorts. It is to early in the game to know for sure how many guests we will be expecting but we are estimating around 100. We are just looking for a simply ceremony on the beach/gazebo. Then we would like a private reception with dinner and dancing. The same as many traditional weddings. We are excited to enjoy a week with family and friends and want to get the most out of our time in mexico. I am looking foward to hearing from experienced brides out there and Im sure you will be hearing from me. As its very overwhelming already.
    thank you

#2 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:58 PM

Congratulations! I hope all of your planning goes well! I know our TA gave us the advise for DW that about 50% of those you invite actually attend and it seems she's correct, if that helps you at all figuring numbers.

#3 Spazz

• VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:59 PM

to the forum! You'll find so much info and ideas here. Happy planning!!!

#4 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

to the forum Selina!

Happy planning
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#5 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

Hi Selina. Welcome to the forum. Playa del Carmen is a great area although the Occidental Grand Xcaret is just outside of that area. There are several OGX brides on here that can give you a lot of information on that hotel if you decide to go with it. Happy planning.

#6 meandpaul

• 233 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

Welcome to the forum. Wow, that will be a lot of guests. There will only be 7 of us going to Jamaica. Happy planning.

#7 Gretchen

• Banned
              • 416 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:16 PM

Welcome to the forum!
                Gretchen "GiGi"

#8 CTHawaii14

• 488 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#9 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

Welcome to the forum. Wow 100 guests, that's great so many will be there. I've never stayed at the occidental. But have done a few day trips to xcaret which were awesome and the area is very nice. Goodluck with your planning!
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 royfa

• 2,201 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:06 PM

Welcome to the forum!
                      Fannie & Pierre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users