Photo

Spanish for Dummies

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 mrsmark08

mrsmark08
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:12 AM

I bought some too! Someone had posted about them in an OOT thread. As soon as I saw it, I ran out and got them. They're perfect!! I don't know how many guests i'm having yet either but I bought enought to cover about 75% of the people on my list. I think I'll end up having some extra.

#12 Melba

Melba
    • 132 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

I got some too. My Target had tons of them. Thanks so much for the tip!

#13 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
      • 933 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

That is a great idea! We went to the Dominican Republic last summer and could really have used one of those. I speak a little Spanish but a book really would have been helpful!
        My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#14 staceyandadam

staceyandadam
        • 114 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

Brilliant!! I went to target today and picked up 25 of the spanish for dummies! Yeah! I am super excited to make welcoming bags for my guests.... now I just need to figure out what else to fill them with.. I am thinking a custom made water bottle or coffee mug! And other small items... hmmmm postcards maybe... I don't know sooooo many choices this makes me wish I had an unlimited budget!
          **Stace**

#15 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
          • 433 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by melglnh2o
            Thanks so much for posting about this. I went to one Target today and they didn't have them but I called another one and they put some on hold for me. We are expecting about 100 people and almost all of them speak Spanish but for the handful that don't, this is such a great inexpensive item to put in the OOT bags. THANKS AGAIN!
            Hi! Which Target did you call? We went to the one in Bowie and couldn't find any....I'll be willing to get them anywhere in the DC metro area! Thanks!

#16 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
              Hi! Which Target did you call? We went to the one in Bowie and couldn't find any....I'll be willing to get them anywhere in the DC metro area! Thanks!
              I found them at the one in Fair Lakes in Fairfax, VA. I am not sure how many they had as I just called and had someone put them on hold. If that is too far for you, I can pick some more up on my way home from work (it is close to my office) on Monday. I will be out and about today though and I need to pick up about 5 more just to be safe. If either of the two Targets by my house (in Arlington) have them I could also pick them up for you. How many do you need?

#17 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:12 AM

Ok - I went to Target AGAIN today b/c more guest's booked and I needed a few more and my Target had TONS of them - If anyone wants me to get some let me know and I will get more!

#18 nenamono

nenamono
                • 282 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

I just went to Target and picked myself up some also. They were just too good to pass up. I got worried for a minute b/c the .99 section was empty. I hope I got enough most of our families are fluent in Spanish so I picked up Cocktails for Dummies for them and our other guests will get Spanish for Dummies. Thanks for idea this is a fun idea for the OOT bags.

#19 trisha0612

trisha0612
                  • 491 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

The Target by my house didn't have these at all! I'm going to check again today! If anyone could pick me up some, I would be so grateful and will quickly send a check!!! I'm not sure how many guest are coming but we invited around 50ish and most are couples...I dunno...I'm going to check today at the other locations!
                    Travis & Trish
                    10-10-08
                    Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#20 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                    • 1,830 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:58 PM

I just got back from my local Target and found only 15 of the Spanish for Dummies books...I will keep looking in another stores. $1 is a bargain and such a cute idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users