Photo

Help me pick a clutch I cant decide

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nenamono

nenamono
  • 282 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:28 AM

I need help and opinions to decide on a clutch.

Clutch 1
    I think this clutch is adorable and I love the ivory it will match with anything. The damask fabric is also a big plus since somehow my decor has morphed into a damask theme. The one thing that bothers me is the exposed zipper is makes it feel a little less formal (not that my wedding is formal).

Click the image to open in full size.

Clutch 2
    Also super adorable and a cute different shape to it. Im 100% in love with the hints of green in the fabric here. Green is a large part of my color scheme (I have green shoes, green sash, earrings, who knows whats next LOL). The thing holding me back here is I cant believe Im saying this but the green, I feel that I might have one too many shades of green going on at once and might look like a bride "Dont" LOL.
    Click the image to open in full size.

Whats a bride to do. I need your help!!

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:36 AM

Tough call. I see what you're saying about the zipper. Both are super cute though! Does the green not match anything at all?

#3 KarmaB

KarmaB
      • 796 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:54 AM

I say the one with the zipper! I love the longer look. To me it's sleeker. Plus the zipper is really not that noticeable.

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:05 AM

I voted #1. They are both cute, but you won't have to worry about overkill with the neutral color. You won't notice the zipper that day.

I gave a BM my perfume and lip gloss and she refreshed me every so often, your hands will be busy with eating, drinking, and dancing so don't be surprised if you don't carry it yourself too :)

#5 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:14 AM

I love the first one. Actually I love them both but if the green bugs you, the definitely the first.

Also, check with your local tailor (or the nice lady at your dry cleaners who hems your pants). I'd bet they can stitch a row of piping or something down the edge of the zipper to conceal it a bit.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#6 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
          • 371 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:23 AM

I voted number one too! I think it is adorable and really no one is going to see or notice the zipper! The second one is really cute too but you don't want to over kill on the green.. both very cute though. Good luck!

#7 Tobi

Tobi
            • 163 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:29 AM

I like #1...it's super cute!

#8 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

Oh that's a tuff one, they are both really cute. Hmmm I'd say go with the first one. The second one is diff though, cute shape. I'm no help. Get both and decide later, ha.

#9 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
                • 1,565 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:02 PM

i like number 1...really classy and elegant and simple...

#10 nenamono

nenamono
                  • 282 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

Thanks everyone I think Im going to go with the group and get # 1. Its definately the right choice I just needed that extra oommphhh and the agreement of others LOL.
                    And a big thank you to Becks for the piping idea I would of never thought of it. I asked my friend who is a designer and she said she would help me add the piping to conceal the zipper. We even went to M&J Trimming during lunch today to see what they had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users