Time between ceremony & reception

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ticia277

ticia277
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

Hi ladies !

Do you think and hour & half is too much time between the ceremony & reception. The wedding ceremony should be over by 4:30 and I want to start the reception at 6:00.
    Loving Married Life!

#2 Gretchen

Gretchen
    • Banned
    • 416 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:59 AM

I don't think so. Will there be something available for them? Such as cocktails. Or if you ar eat an AI resort, you may suggest that people do a "cocktail hour" in a specific bar/lounge area.
      Gretchen "GiGi"

#3 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:24 PM

I think that is fine. You have to plan ample time for pictures not only with your guests, but you and your hubby as well, so I think that timing works out perfect. And if guests want to freshen up for dinner, that allows time for that too. A cocktail hour sounds good too.
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#4 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:29 PM

That should be perfect! Will give you time for pics! and the guest can hang out around the bar and make up their own cocktail hour!

#5 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:33 PM

Sure, you can give each person a "Wedding Day Timeline" in their OOT bag and directr them to a bar close to the reception venue ... that way they will be nearby when the reception is due to begin.

We are (hopefully, $$ dictates) doing a 1/2 pre and 1/2 hour post cocktail reception at the wedding gazebo for our guests. We are hoping that will get the guests to arrive on time for the ceremony and will help fill the gap between the ceremony and reception.

#6 ticia277

ticia277
            • 212 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:53 PM

Thanks ladies. OUr budget doesn't permit for a cocktail hour, but I think I will recommend them to a bar near the reception site to mingle before the reception.
              Loving Married Life!

#7 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
              • 433 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:31 PM

That's not too much time, at all. I was going to start our dinner at 6:15 after a 5:20 ceremony ending, but my photographer said that wasn't enough time for photos. So....we moved dinner to 6:45 - and will suggest that the guests get together for drinks (provided for by the AI) at a central location when we send out our newsletter. Plus, I echo that people who want to freshen up will have a nice amount of time to do so.

#8 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,513 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:36 PM

I think that timeline will be perfect! You can take lots of pics and you guys won't have to rush around! Plus then maybe you and your new hubby can have some "alone time" before your reception!

#9 ticia277

ticia277
                  • 212 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Betsy
                    I think that timeline will be perfect! You can take lots of pics and you guys won't have to rush around! Plus then maybe you and your new hubby can have some "alone time" before your reception!
                    LOL He's already saying he wants some 'alone time' before the reception! I told him NO WAY buddy. I still need to be looking fresh and fabulous at the reception
                    Loving Married Life!

#10 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

I think that's the perfect amount of time. At home weddings, there is sometimes as long as a 3 hour break between the ceremony and reception. At an AI, I'm sure your guests will migrate to the closest bar til the reception starts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users