Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

• Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#2071 mellibelli

• 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:30 PM

I got a way better quote from HDC themselves. I would recommend contacting them for packages and price quotes. They replied to my email within 24hrs with a response!

#2072 mellibelli

• 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

I got a way better quote from HDC themselves. I would contact them for prices and packages. They also respond to emails quickly it only took 24hrs for the response.

Originally Posted by richarsd 

Here is the price list my travel agent gave us for HDC and is good for the 2011 season:

50 photos on cd
      50 photos on dvd                  750.00US
      75 photos on cd
      75 photos on dvd
      10 photos 6x8
      1 book small                         1,500.00US
      150 photos cd
      75 photos on dvd
      60 photos 6x8
      1 big book
      1 dvd video
      20 photos souvenirs              2,200.00US
      all photos cd
      all photos on dvd
      all 6x8
      1 big book
      2 video dvd
      2 photos 12 x18 poster
      50 photos souvenirs 5x7         3,000.00US
      super royal
      all photos 2 cd
      all photos 2 dvd
      1 big book
      2 small book
      3 dvd videos
      10 photos 8 x 12
      5 photos 12 x 18 poster
      70 photos souvenirs 4x6

If you want a Trash the Dress session it is extra:

• 1 hour Photo Session (usually the day after your wedding but can be different)

• 1 DVD with all the pictures in high resolution that you can print
      at any lab and in any size.
The DVD includes approximately 150
      pictures (Originals & Edited).

• 1 Slideshow on DVD of your best pictures (with titles and music
      of your choice).

• 1 set of 50 printed pictures in 6 x 8.

250 US$

#2073 dcairns

• 347 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

HDC is really good from what I hear from other brides. I booked them, and Arnaud usually gets back to you really quickly via email. We put our deposit down via paypal. You can find HDC on Facebook as well

#2074 richarsd

• 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by mellibelli 

She will only confirm the date, time won't be confirmed till you get there. She never emailed me back to confirm my date so I emailed her and she said it was booked. I think she only emails back if she can't book the day you requested.

This isn't totally true. She should be able to give you a time...especially if you get married by a judge in which case, you will definitely be given a time as soon as you book (if you haven't got one the confirm it asap!). HOWEVER, times are always subject to change as they're based on the judge's schedule (whether you get married by him or not...meaning if yours is symbolic and scheduled for 5 pm but another bride is getting married on the same day by the judge and he suddenly says he can only do hers at 5 pm, she gets the 5 pm spot and the symbolic wedding gets bumped to another time that day).

#2075 sheila2011

• 105 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

Hey All!

Hope everyone's wedding planning is going well! We are going to register tomorrow, which I didn't want to do but am finally caving to the pressure. Now I am pretty excited! 

I made the mistake today of looking at tripadvisor and the last few comments were NOT good ones, so now I am slightly panicking. I know everything will be fine, but I really need to stop checking there. Has anyone else run into this??

Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#2076 roxy1122

• Site Supporter
            • 137 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

hi Sheila! Have fun choosing your registry items, January is soon!

Everyone will have different opinions about any resort they go to, and in my opinion it's a matter of how sensitive people are about the service and their expectations. I stayed at this resort this past August, you can read my review about it on another thread I have here :) i had a great time. My outlooks is I read everything with a grain of salt!

#2077 mellibelli

• 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:08 PM

One of my good friends stayed at the Grand Palladium palace last november '09. She was a bridesmaid in a wedding and they had a blast. She said her only complaint was about the spa, they charge things to your room(hair styling, make-up etc.)..if they are going to do that get in writing how much they are charging. One of them got a surprise when they went to pay their bill. Also if your reception is in one of the restaurants it can be really loud and difficult to hear any of the speeches. Other then that the food, service, and housekeeping was great and the beaches beautiful!

#2078 sheila2011

• 105 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:33 AM

How is everyone's planning going? This thread isn't as active as before, so I'm bumping it back up!

I now have 31 people booked, and need to order my OOT bags and figure out songs etc.  I feel like there's so much to do but on the other hand I feel like I have plenty of time!

Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#2079 isa2214

• 48 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

I'm at 29, including bride and groom, I will be purchasing my travel mugs in the next few weeks.  I am doing a lot of AHR stuff right now cause ours will be two weeks after we come back from the dominican.

#2080 roxy1122

• Site Supporter
                    • 137 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

hi Sheila! I sent out my save the dates last week so I am glad that is out of the way, on to dress shopping next! I am trying to get the big things out of the way in the next coming months to avoid the stress if I wait until the last few months.

Can I ask how you booked your trip? Did you use a travel agent or did you book on your own and were you able to get some type of discount or group rate through anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users