Photo

i need feedback on new website speed please :)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#11 chibi411

chibi411
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

i loved your website, i didn't think it was too slow. it gave me more time to look at the pics closely- see details. the timer thing is great. i would've been impatient without it. at least i know its loading

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

good point - I do that too, clicking through the slideshow automatically just so i can see the pics faster. so i think decreasing the interval time is a good idea.

but i like how you can see the pics below the slideshow. for those that are looking for something specific, or are too impatient, they can click on the specific images they want to see.

#13 leigh miller

leigh miller
      • 936 posts

i just changed the interval to 1 second. on my computer its way too fast. can some of you check it now? thanks!

#14 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:21 PM

oh that's better now Leigh, and I am on the school network.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#15 Gretchen

Gretchen
        • Banned
        • 416 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

Soooooooooo much better now!
          Gretchen "GiGi"

#16 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

leigh - i have high speed cable - very fast.

it is a little slow for me - i am a bit inpatient and don't like the same photo to stay on the screen for too long.

the problem is that i really love your work and know how talented you are so it is hard for me to be inpartial. i found myself sitting there excited to see your next pic - b/c it is you. honestly, if it was just a stranger photographer i probably would leave the site quicker than usual

#17 Janet

Janet
            • VIP Member
            • 7,459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

Leigh, it looks AWESOME! My dream is to one day get my pics taken by you (even though I don't have a "reason")

I looked at it in Firefox on an iMac and it loaded immediately - no delay. I have a fast connection here at work.

I love the huge pics, personally. And I like that there aren't too many flashy gizmo flash things -- you get right to the pics!

My only teeny tiny comment is that when you hit "stop slideshow" I kinda wish the music stopped too, although I did figure out how to pause that separately...

And I saw Ann and Courtney -- love those pics!

#18 h&a

h&a
              • 321 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

Beautiful pictures! I checked it out about half an hour ago and it was really slow... great pictures but I think I would have been too impatient to stay. I just checked and now the speed is perfect... and I stayed the whole way through! Great pictures!

#19 Janet

Janet
                • VIP Member
                • 7,459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

I just read the above comments. Whatever interval you have it on right now seems just perfect to me.

#20 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

NOTE: this was written after the 2nd time you changed the interval & befor the 3rd time. I got to talk to coworkers so it took me a while to post.

This time it took about 5 seconds to change at first. Then it got quicker taking about 3 seconds. Later it only took 2. That's the speed I like. But occasionally it would take 5 again.

My favorite layout is to be able to see all the thumbnails at once. It will play a slideshow, but if I want to skip to a particular one I can. I also like to be able to skip to the next picture when I get bored with one or pause if I want to look at one longer.

When I was hunting for a photographer, I typically went straight for their blog so I could scroll quickly through pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users