Playa del Carmen, May 2008

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 aeroo

aeroo
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

Hi everyone!

First of all, just want to say how glad I am to have found this forum. You ladies have tons of great ideas!

I only started planning our May wedding at the beginning of January since we just got back from a year of travelling around the world (during which he proposed!). We chose Playa since we were there last year in May, as part of our travels, and thought it would be such a fun place to bring family and friends. Since we spent all of last year travelling together, we thought that having a week of vacation with our loved ones would be very nice. The wedding week will also be our honeymoon. We're getting married the second day we're there, so we can relax for the rest of the week.

I'm so excited as the date gets closer and things are starting to fall into place. Still got lots to do though! I look forward to sharing ideas with the rest of you!

Love,
    aeroo

#2 sgbrown

sgbrown
    • 130 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:30 PM

Hi there! Congratulations! I, too, am hoping to be married somewhere in either Playa del Carmen or Tulum. I have a quick question/heads up - I was under the impression that we had to be in Mexico for a certain length of time (maybe it's 72 hours?) before we could get married. Have you head anything similar?

#3 h&a

h&a
      • 321 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

Welcome to the forum! I am also getting married in Playa del Carmen at the Royal Playa del Carmen on June 4, 2008. Where are you getting married? I also just joined this site but it's been a huge help and a great source of ideas. Happy planning from another Canadian bride to be!

#4 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
        • 1,016 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

Welcome to the forum. I am also a May bride to be. It will be here before we know it but you are in the right place to get all your planning done.

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

to the forum! Happy planning!!!

#6 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
            • 161 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

Welcome! I am also getting married in Playa Del Carmen at Riu Playacar in well... 23 days!!

#7 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
              • 161 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by sgbrown
                Hi there! Congratulations! I, too, am hoping to be married somewhere in either Playa del Carmen or Tulum. I have a quick question/heads up - I was under the impression that we had to be in Mexico for a certain length of time (maybe it's 72 hours?) before we could get married. Have you head anything similar?
                That is what they told us to. We are getting to the resort on a monday and cannot get married until friday. We were told that your arrival day does not count as one of the 3 days either..

#8 royfa

royfa
                • 2,201 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

WElcome to the forum!
                  Fannie & Pierre

#9 aeroo

aeroo
                  • 153 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

Thanks!!

Yea we opted to do the symbolic ceremony and just get legally married here at home. That way, we don't have to be in Mexico way in advance and to be honest, I really don't like needles! To opt out of doing the blood test was reason enough, lol. Plus doing the symbolic ceremony just seemed a lot simpler to do.

#10 aeroo

aeroo
                    • 153 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

We are getting married at the Gran Porto Real. It's one of the few resorts that are right in the town, and that's where we wanted to be. It also allows children, and I have some younger cousins that are coming, so it's perfect.

heidi&alex - where are you having your reception?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users