How to make a good Turkey Burger??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

Calling all you fantastic, throw-it-together chefs (Tammy, Jamy, Maria,....) how can I make a good turkey burger? FI and I have just recently started cooking at home so we're slowly learning. We bought some pre formed patties but I would like to know what I can marinate them in to make it taste yummy? (We tried Turkey Dogs the other day and they were bland as heck!)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
      Calling all you fantastic, throw-it-together chefs (Tammy, Jamy, Maria,....) how can I make a good turkey burger? FI and I have just recently started cooking at home so we're slowly learning. We bought some pre formed patties but I would like to know what I can marinate them in to make it taste yummy? (We tried Turkey Dogs the other day and they were bland as heck!)
      homemade turkey burgers are really easy but if you got the pre-formed patties then i recommend BBQ Sauce YUMMY!
      i wouldn't marinate them but slather with BBQ sauce and grill or broil them - and if you have some guac you can put that on the bun
      wait, what time is dinner? FI and i are hungry

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:17 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
        homemade turkey burgers are really easy but if you got the pre-formed patties then i recommend BBQ Sauce YUMMY!
        i wouldn't marinate them but slather with BBQ sauce and grill or broil them - and if you have some guac you can put that on the bun
        wait, what time is dinner? FI and i are hungry
        Oooh that does sound yummy. Unfortunately FI jumped the gun and just threw 'em all in Worcestershire sauce, lol. But, I would love to hear more ideas on this for the future!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

I'm a big fan of teryaki sauce. Also of roasted peppers.

Turkey just doesn't have the flavor of beef or pork, so you do have to help it along.

Also, a little taco seasoning works well, too.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#5 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

Mix them with liptons onion soup and form your patties.

#6 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

put the ground turkey in a bowl and mix with worchestire, cholula (spicy), soy sauce, ketchup, onion powder, garlic salt. form patties and cook!

i use the same stuff + egg whites and breadcrumbs, and parsley and oregano to make meatloaf...i didn't like meatloaf until this recipe. also, for the meatloaf, i stick a piece of bread in the very bottom of the pan to soak up the juice. tastes phenomenal!

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:23 PM

I usually mix them with bbq sauce as Alyssa mentioned, they are so yummy...

Did you end up making them yet? how were they?

#8 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:30 PM

Just get ground turkey at the store instead of pre-formed patties. They are cheaper and will taste better when you add your own stuff.

My suggestions:

Diced onions and garlic, ground cumin, ground pepper, basil, one egg (beaten), dash of Worcestershire.

Mix well w/ ground turkey and cook to desired temperature.

#9 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
                • 413 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:32 AM

I do what LadyP does - mix the turkey with a package of Lipton Onion soup mix - a few crackers and a tablespoon of water - form into patties - and VOILA! Burgers! They are SO good - and no additional seasonings/sauces needed!

Lindsay

#10 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
                  • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:41 AM

mmmmm turkey burgers... mmmm any burgers... man now im craving one... darn you all hahahha

ya. bbq always is delicious on anything. too bad you arent here in seattle i found theee most incredible bbq sauce on the face of the earth (no joke) 253-590-6086 if you want to call and see if they sell in your area.

and ohh if you want something lean and healthy instead of turkey burgers tahts frickin sooo delicious,... buffalo burgers (ya know. bison)... its only 2 grams of fat/100 compared to close to 10 of beef and it is way tastier.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users