Paradisus Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 MorganD

MorganD
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm getting married at the Paradisus Punta Cana on Feb. 28th/'09 and I'm having a hard time choosing a reception location. I'm having up to 40 guests...does anyone know if the restaurants can accommodate this amount of people? I was thinking of having the dinner at one of the restaurants and then a private party with just cocktails afterward on the beach or another outdoor area. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#22 Otis1230

Otis1230
    • 130 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

i am getting married in 2 weeks there. and I booked alberfura restaurant with a dj and firedancers, etc
      i was told it can hold 100 people but we only have 25- so I was afraid it was going to look empty, but the wc said it will work. I will let you know after I get back. I would definitly book a restaurant if you can, but they charge to make it private, and any reservation over 10 people is a fixed menu. So, what I have done is book 3 reservations under 3 names- to avoid that the night before the wedding. Stay tuned- ill let you know when I get back
      Michael & Lisa
      April 25th, 2008
      Paradisus Punta Cana

#23 MorganD

MorganD
      • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:56 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Otis1230 View Post
        i am getting married in 2 weeks there. and I booked alberfura restaurant with a dj and firedancers, etc
        i was told it can hold 100 people but we only have 25- so I was afraid it was going to look empty, but the wc said it will work. I will let you know after I get back. I would definitly book a restaurant if you can, but they charge to make it private, and any reservation over 10 people is a fixed menu. So, what I have done is book 3 reservations under 3 names- to avoid that the night before the wedding. Stay tuned- ill let you know when I get back
        Do you mind me asking how much they charge to make it private? I have decided I definitely do not want a private plated dinner at a private location (such as the beach) because of the high cost, but I want to be able to dance and have drinks after the dinner. I hate not having a set plan!! I can't wait to hear how your wedding goes...Congratulations, have a great time!

#24 Otis1230

Otis1230
        • 130 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

I found the 3 buffet menues for receptions ok- but the wedding planner allowed me to make my own menue from the 3 - so thats what I did. Our reception is from 7-10 food, drinks, for those hours for 25 guests is 2000. It would have been 1600 but marino restaurant changed their minds last minute. I have a DJ and firedancers so I wanted something private but not on the beach. The staek restaurant and marino are open restaurants so theres no windows (firedancer will work).
          The radizzio restaurant holds 25-30 people and its 50 a head for all you drink and buffet.
          Michael & Lisa
          April 25th, 2008
          Paradisus Punta Cana

#25 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Otis1230
            I found the 3 buffet menues for receptions ok- but the wedding planner allowed me to make my own menue from the 3 - so thats what I did. Our reception is from 7-10 food, drinks, for those hours for 25 guests is 2000. It would have been 1600 but marino restaurant changed their minds last minute. I have a DJ and firedancers so I wanted something private but not on the beach. The staek restaurant and marino are open restaurants so theres no windows (firedancer will work).
            The radizzio restaurant holds 25-30 people and its 50 a head for all you drink and buffet.
            Glad to hear you were able to mix and match your menu. She didn't give me that option, ehich is a bummer, but we are going with the Carribean Menu which is good and has a little of everything. Ours is the beach reception and it's $2500 flat fee. We have 40 people in all (including 2 kids). The only "extra" we are adding is a cigar roller.

#26 MorganD

MorganD
            • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Otis1230 View Post
              How did your reception turn out? I am still undecided as to which I will choose. Congratulations on being married!

#27 bianka24

bianka24
              • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

Hello!!

Could you please help me to decide which one it better between PPC & PPR. I need something elegant & sophifisticated. Please help me to make my dream wedding

#28 bianka24

bianka24
                • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

I was in comunication with the WC in PPC she is very sweet, and respond me so quickly, but I interested to make a plated dinner at the beach, and they donĀ“t offer a plated dinner at the beach, she explain me that if I want a 3 courses I need choice a Ballroon or at the Convention Terrace, because at the beach just they have the option for a buffet style

Do you think, that a Buffet style can look nice for a wedding reception.

#29 Ms Keys

Ms Keys
                  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

Punta Cana is a paradise anyways -
                    I spent several holidays there and i really think i must be an awesome place to marrry there!
                    Good luck for finding your perfect wedding recepeion!

#30 niecimar

niecimar
                    • 83 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

Hi,

Im having my wedding on june 5, 2010. I will have an estimated 70 people and since it will be in June I wanted a place with AC. I have selected the Romantico Restaurant. I have never been to PPC so I'm hoping I made the right choice. D
                      Denise & Ziggy
                      June 5, 2010
                      http://www.youtube.c..../0/38XwzNwQb-A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users