Hola from Cabo BTB

laurelandjamie

Hello,

I'm really glad that I found this forum. I've learned so much already. My fiance and I have been to Cabo twice and his father has a few time shares there. We originally thought about having a wedding in Texas where I am from, but we just couldn't get excited about all of the planning. We are the last of our set of friends to get married and we just felt like "been there done that" when we talked about a traditional wedding. When we started talking about renting a villa in Cabo, we started to get excited. I've researched a lot of villas and would be interested in opinions from other Cabo brides (especially about Punta Vista, Villa Land's End, and Villa Buena Vida). We also thought about having a ceremony and/or reception at PB Sunset Beach or Fiesta America where the family has time shares. One issue I'm really worried about is my Mom's asthma. She is an otherwise healthy person, but has a few really bad asthma attacks each year and they can be triggered by smoke, perfumes, cleaning solutions, and high stress. Does anyone have advice about the medical facilities in Cabo or how the air is for asthmatics? I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with the rest of you.

Best,shots.gifshots.gif

Laurel

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Laurel and welcome to the forum!

We're getting married at the Dreams resort in Los Cabos so I don't know much at all [read: nothing] about villas there but I remember reading some posts on some villas that others have stayed in so hopefully someone will shoot you that information here shortly.

What part of TX are you from? I'm actually moving out there in a couple months (after only have visited once...) and am pretty excited. Texans seems like pretty laid back and charming folks.

Good luck in your planning!cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelandjamie View Post
Hello,
I'm really glad that I found this forum. I've learned so much already. My fiance and I have been to Cabo twice and his father has a few time shares there. We originally thought about having a wedding in Texas where I am from, but we just couldn't get excited about all of the planning. We are the last of our set of friends to get married and we just felt like "been there done that" when we talked about a traditional wedding. When we started talking about renting a villa in Cabo, we started to get excited. I've researched a lot of villas and would be interested in opinions from other Cabo brides (especially about Punta Vista, Villa Land's End, and Villa Buena Vida). We also thought about having a ceremony and/or reception at PB Sunset Beach or Fiesta America where the family has time shares. One issue I'm really worried about is my Mom's asthma. She is an otherwise healthy person, but has a few really bad asthma attacks each year and they can be triggered by smoke, perfumes, cleaning solutions, and high stress. Does anyone have advice about the medical facilities in Cabo or how the air is for asthmatics? I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with the rest of you.
Best,shots.gifshots.gif
Laurel

Hi Laurel.. Welcome aboard!
I'm getting married at a Villa in the Pedregal area in October. We've done a bunch of research and it should be a blast. I actually spoke to a wedding coordinator (way over priced, and are not using!) But she herself got married at Villa Land's end. It's actually right next to the Villa we're getting married.. Villa Grande. We actually looked at the other Villa's you mentioned too.. but Ultimately chose Grande because of it's open deck space. Not sure how many people you're planning on having.. but it seemed to have a bigger space at a reasonable price. I know other brides have had some concerns about the Pedregal area because you do have to pay essentially a homeowner's association fee, and there is a noise ordinance to be aware of. No loud music after 10pm.. or you could be ticketed. We also took this into consideration when we chose our Villa.. because it's bigger.. we can move the party inside at 10 if it's still going strong.
Our guests are staying at PB Sunset Beach.. and I'm using its spa to do my hair prior to the wedding. If you've got any specific questions.. Feel free to shoot me a message! Good Luck with the planning!

Welcome Laurel!

I just got married last week in Cabo at the Sheraton (not a villa). But, 2 days before my wedding I cut my hand really badly with knife while taking a pit out of an avocado. We called the front desk to ask if they had medical personnel who could help us. A few minutes later an ambulance showed up with 3 guys to take me to the emergency clinic. When we arrived at the clinic they took me right in and took fantastic care of me....I received 7 stiches, a tetnus shot, an antibiotic shot and perscriptions for antibotics and motrin. The medical attention was great.

My brother also got sick. We called the hotel again and they sent a doctor out to our room to take care of him. It turned out to be the same doctor that helped me.

I went back to see the doctor at the resort during business hours to have my wound cleaned and again he was so attentive and careful with me.

In my opinion, the medical attention in Cabo is great. The gal who came to do my make-up, Suzanne Morel, also agreed that medical care down there was great. She said that the Mexicans really practice medicine with their heart.

Anway, that is my experience with the Mexican medical facilities. BTW, the clinic I went to was Northwest Medical....they spoke perfect English there (I think it was near the Malia). There was also another medical clinic on the main drag in Cabo.

hope this helps a little.