Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#41 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
  • Jr. Member
  • 308 posts

    Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

    We're also doing the free sweet wedding. Now that I read this forum, I wonder if Monica is no longer my coordinator as she has never returned any emails.

    For those of you who are not planning a private dinner, cocktail or fondue party, do you know if they will cut and serve cake at El Cocotal?

    Also, can some of you share some details about your welcome dinners or parties since my coordinator is MIA? Please include costs if you don't mind!

    #42 MrsV-to-be

    MrsV-to-be
    • Member
    • 554 posts

      Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:59 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by nolaroy724
      We're also doing the free sweet wedding. Now that I read this forum, I wonder if Monica is no longer my coordinator as she has never returned any emails.

      For those of you who are not planning a private dinner, cocktail or fondue party, do you know if they will cut and serve cake at El Cocotal?

      Also, can some of you share some details about your welcome dinners or parties since my coordinator is MIA? Please include costs if you don't mind!
      Hey! this is who took over being my wedding coordinator:
      Valeria Martinez <weddings@lomas-travel.com>

      Maybe try her! She has been awesome about getting back to me.

      As for welcome events-I don't think I am doing anything planned. I will just set up a time and a place on the resort for the guests to come and mingle.
      but I remember pricing out the Mexican cocktail - and I believe it was $22/person. There are definitly other options but I believe that was the cheapest option.

      #43 nolaroy724

      nolaroy724
      • Jr. Member
      • 308 posts

        Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:18 PM

        Thanks! That is sort of what I was leaning towards. I went to a friends DW a few years ago, and she did a great job getting everyone together for little "meet and greets" anytime a new person would arrive. It would be something a simple as cocktails before dinner.

        My FIs friends are super competitive, so I am going to try to get everyone together for pool or beach volleyball too one day early on the trip. I figure this will be a good way for all of my sister's husband and friends' boyfriends or husbands to get to know everyone too.

        #44 shannon

        shannon
        • Member
        • 772 posts

          Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:27 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by nolaroy724
          Thanks! That is sort of what I was leaning towards. I went to a friends DW a few years ago, and she did a great job getting everyone together for little "meet and greets" anytime a new person would arrive. It would be something a simple as cocktails before dinner.

          My FIs friends are super competitive, so I am going to try to get everyone together for pool or beach volleyball too one day early on the trip. I figure this will be a good way for all of my sister's husband and friends' boyfriends or husbands to get to know everyone too.
          I was actually wondering this myself-- with noone really having cell phones to use-- i was wondering how my FI and I would know when our guests were arriving- having a preset place to meet for cocktails before dinner is a good idea...

          #45 ctpetch

          ctpetch
          • Newbie
          • 130 posts

            Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:17 AM

            I have not had an issue with Monica yet. Normally she does get right back to me within the day. I am doing the sweet wedding package also. I do have a price list for all the dinners or cocktail parties I received from Monica. I could email them to you since there is about 20 pages. I do hear the mexican party is a nice coctail party to have for $14 person. I'm also in the process of making decisions too for May wedding.

            #46 nolaroy724

            nolaroy724
            • Jr. Member
            • 308 posts

              Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:39 PM

              Thanks, that would be great (maezr@hotmail.com)!

              I will try to contact Monica again, but I am still curious to see the options.

              #47 SheaS

              SheaS
              • Jr. Member
              • 380 posts

                Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:44 PM

                Otherwise all the options are on the website... I am always too anxious to wait for an email responce, so I just go to the website.

                #48 ctpetch

                ctpetch
                • Newbie
                • 130 posts

                  Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:53 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be
                  Hey! this is who took over being my wedding coordinator:
                  Valeria Martinez <weddings@lomas-travel.com>

                  Maybe try her! She has been awesome about getting back to me.

                  As for welcome events-I don't think I am doing anything planned. I will just set up a time and a place on the resort for the guests to come and mingle.
                  but I remember pricing out the Mexican cocktail - and I believe it was $22/person. There are definitly other options but I believe that was the cheapest option.
                  I believe you can do the mexican party for as low as $14 person. Depends on how many horedouviers you choose. Few brides I spoke to said 6 different ones is good. Then you get coctail party for 2 hours. The donkey is like $250 though. I do have the menu if interested.

                  #49 MrsV-to-be

                  MrsV-to-be
                  • Member
                  • 554 posts

                    Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ctpetch
                    I believe you can do the mexican party for as low as $14 person. Depends on how many horedouviers you choose. Few brides I spoke to said 6 different ones is good. Then you get coctail party for 2 hours. The donkey is like $250 though. I do have the menu if interested.
                    I think I was going off the old price list!
                    Thanks!

                    #50 nolaroy724

                    nolaroy724
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 308 posts

                      Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:58 PM

                      I am such an idiot, for some reason I had a wrong email address for Monica. I have finally got in touch with her, and once I had her correct email she responded in less than a day!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter