Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#4711 LoLoJabs

LoLoJabs
  • 18 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale
  • LocationSt. Paul, Minnesota

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:39 AM

I would love to bring my own lighting for Tucanes as well. Has anyone brought their own string lights?

#4712 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

you will want pretty big floating candles, and you'll want to anchor them to the bottom of the pool. otherwise they'll float to the other end of the pool and not stay near the palapa :) 

so she's right, you'll want larger ones - and that may be more to carry than you had planned. 

Has anyone brought lighting for Tucanes area? They charge a ridiculous amount! I asked to bring my own floating candles and was basically scolded by my WC that they are not able to use the ones I found because they were too small. Has anyone had experience with this? I don't want to buy things and not use them.

Thanks! 

how much are you wanting to light? Tucanes is pretty big, and would require a LOT of lights. it's fairly well lit inside. most brides choose to do paper lanterns around the ends, maybe some tiki torches and floating candles - and that's all you need. 

I would love to bring my own lighting for Tucanes as well. Has anyone brought their own string lights?

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4713 travelgal78

travelgal78
  • Site Supporter
  • 88 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Ceremony at Marina Maroma/Reception at El Dorado Royale
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

Does anyone know how many "poles" there are at Tucanes? I bought some boxes of clear Christmas lights for them to wrap around them but I don't know if I have enough :unsure:

*~Leslie~* :wub:

#4714 mkg51615

mkg51615
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

Hi!

I was just wondering what you decided to do?  I am also going to do the Coastal Bliss decor for the reception tables, but $3K for the ceremony set-up is just nuts.  I was thinking to do coral and mint drapes on the gazebo.

Just wondering what you did and if you already got married pictures please!!!  Thanks!

Thanks NickiLynn! 

I think I am going to go with Sarani...her package is now $5200 but since we are doing a destination wedding we are already saving.  I think its worth to splurge on the photos- to me its the most important part of the wedding!

Thanks for your input!!

Hi NickiLynn,

My wedding is not until May but I just went down for the Brides Dress Rehearsal and I am going to stick with the Coastal Bliss theme. My wedding coordinator Carolina, is going to see if she can work something out for the ceremony decor where I can use the same chairs for the ceremony as I do for the reception which will cut down on cost. I will keep you posted!

#4715 AllieH

AllieH
    • 2,014 posts
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

16ish is my guess - tried to count from my photos! 

Does anyone know how many "poles" there are at Tucanes? I bought some boxes of clear Christmas lights for them to wrap around them but I don't know if I have enough :unsure:

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#4716 NickiLynn1116

NickiLynn1116
    • 186 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 16, 2014
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

@nmy1216 I did the floating candles and they looked AMAZING.   I was really glad that I purchased the set of 12.  The ones they provide are very large so they stand out.  I originally didn't do the poles wrapped in lights.  However, once I was on site the wedding coordinator offered them to me insanely cheap.  I paid $100 and had 8 poles wrapped.  So i would go for the floating candles and hold off on everything else.  The area is well lit.

saraniphotography838

Tucanes site

#4717 jcook123

jcook123
    • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

Is anyone going to the BDR April 26-29?? 

#4718 EriLu11

EriLu11
      • 9 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 15, 2015

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

Hi all! I just booked for November 15, 2015. We are expecting between 35-50 guests and having our ceremony at Gazebo 55 and reception at Tucanes. I'm super curious as the cocktail hour. The reception is 4 hours...did most of you include your cocktail hour in this time? or book it separately? Also, MENU... originally, I looked at the Memorable Moments menu, but soon realized it was more costly than picking and choosing between steak and chicken. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#4719 AllieH

AllieH
      • 2,014 posts
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

hi @EriLu11 - welcome to BDW! 

the cocktail hour is in addition to the reception time. so think of the reception as dinner + party. cocktail hour would typically be between the ceremony and reception. 

we went with the pick & choose menu where you select the appetizer, 2 entrees and dessert. we were very happy with it. I know other brides have done the family style BBQ and loved that too. 

Hi all! I just booked for November 15, 2015. We are expecting between 35-50 guests and having our ceremony at Gazebo 55 and reception at Tucanes. I'm super curious as the cocktail hour. The reception is 4 hours...did most of you include your cocktail hour in this time? or book it separately? Also, MENU... originally, I looked at the Memorable Moments menu, but soon realized it was more costly than picking and choosing between steak and chicken. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#4720 kfracassi

kfracassi
      • 42 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 30, 2015
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya, MX
      • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

@NickiLynn1116

I've been going back and forth on the floating candles and the lighted poles, etc. I LOVE how they look in your picture. SO BEAUTIFUL! I also frequently look at the Generations board, and it makes me so nervous like I'm dragging my feet. These brides are ON TOP of things and I feel like I am not. I know my wedding is quite a ways away, but there's so many little details I haven't even thought about yet that people are mentioning. Oh goodness....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter