Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#3781 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

I had mine dry cleaned when we got back home. I brought it back from Mexico rolled up in one of the suitcases we brought our OOT bags/favors in.

I'd assume even in the bag it'd get some wrinkles carrying it home on the plane, and you'd still need to at least get it steamed. And no guarantee the resort will be able to really dry clean it either. I know the hem of my dress was filthy!!

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Did anyone get the dress laundered, after the ceremony, at the resort?  Thinking about doing it there instead of here.  I plan on wearing it again for my AHR.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3782 LKocelko

LKocelko
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

In one month we'll be saying "I do!" How did that happen??? I swear we just got engaged...

#3783 amanda50388

amanda50388
    • 153 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

In one month we'll be saying "I do!" How did that happen??? I swear we just got engaged...

It does go fast we are coming up on our year. You enjoy every minute and have lots of fun!!! :)

#3784 AllieH

AllieH
      • 2,014 posts
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

YAY Lindsey!! one month countdown is ON!

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

A year already?? Happy anniversary Amanda!

Originally Posted by amanda50388 

It does go fast we are coming up on our year. You enjoy every minute and have lots of fun!!! :)

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#3785 mstigger

mstigger
      • 239 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Now it will go SUPER fast. 10 days for me, I can't believe it!!

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

#3786 mstigger

mstigger
        • 239 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Soooooo, according to the weather it is going to be nice every day we are there EXCEPT for our wedding day......of course. And I don't mean I'm freaking out over a 20% chance of rain.......I am talking a 60% chance ALL DAY!!!!

Geez.......not good, not good at all

#3787 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
          • 458 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

It's like Florida... If it actually does rain it will b for a very short time. We had a 50% of rain on our wedding day before we went down and it didnt rain at all. Don't worry!

#3788 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,655 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by mstigger 

Soooooo, according to the weather it is going to be nice every day we are there EXCEPT for our wedding day......of course. And I don't mean I'm freaking out over a 20% chance of rain.......I am talking a 60% chance ALL DAY!!!!

it's too early to worry...the weather can change so quickly and it seems like the weathermen are wrong 50% of the time 

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3789 AllieH

AllieH
            • 2,014 posts
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

Gail - Tammy & Nikki are right. Even at 10 days out the weather is going to change. Don't sweat it!!! 

The onsite WC will give you a back up indoor ceremony location - likely the chapel or the salon/ballroom. They will call you about noon on your wedding day to confirm the location - indoors or out. So you have up until that point to hope for good weather. 

Originally Posted by mstigger 

#3790 LKocelko

LKocelko
            • 350 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Welp, I had my bachelorette last night. I am still hurting - don't bounce back like I used to in college! 26 sure is different from 21. But it was so much fun, and I was smart enough to take off work tomorrow, so all is well :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter