Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#1091 Laur13

Laur13
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

I know what you mean Baglover....the only reason we are doing the casita is because we are doing the free sweet wedding and that is a requirement to book a casita. Your honeymoon sounds awesome....we too are going abroad on a cruise to France, Italy, Spain :) Sounds like we have a lot in common!

#1092 BagLover21

BagLover21
    • 74 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Wow that is going to be amazing cruise!!!! Where do you leave from and how long is it?

I just read that the weather forecasters are expecting an above average storm season in 2010. i am trying not to worry about my august wedding. if i let myself get preoccupied with weather it will only add to my other wedding planning stress. please send good luck vibes my way ladies!
      http://i732.photobuc..../Picture21.png

Born: Jasmin Mia Allen on November 21, 1979
      Married: Jasmin Mia Hodge on August 7, 2010
      El Dorado Royale ResortRiviera Maya, Mexico
      www.mywedding.com/jasminanddarius2010

#1093 Laur13

Laur13
      • 179 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:12 AM

we leave out of Barcelona in August and it is a week cruise! I am trying not to think of that storm season either.....no way!!!!!!! Good luck vibes all around :)

#1094 natalie ann

natalie ann
        • 35 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The ones from Michaels' was the glass votive and candles, a box of 12 for $6.00, but we brought them down. My mom's friend had room in her suitcase.

#1095 Laur13

Laur13
          • 179 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

omg that is a great price!!! I'm going to Michaels today to buy them! I can't believe they were going to charge me 120 bucks for 30. Thank you!

#1096 Laur13

Laur13
            • 179 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

Natalie--what type of room did you book when you stayed? And did the resort give you any problems with you bringing the votives? :)

#1097 jennib31

jennib31
              • 48 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

Ladies, Lots of great updates the last couple pages! You are right at my point of planning too!

I did not know about the charges for votives. I recently made a list of all my extras so she could price them out - and I could negotiate if needed. I really want a DJ - I am so afraid my song taste and selection will be lame. But for the cost - I will save my money as I went with "moments that matter' photography and they were pricy.

Is anyone having the mariachi band? I cant decide if that is what i am looking for. I jsut want everyone to have a great time. Good food, good drinks and a casual dinner. We can go to the disco after right?

Ladies, I also had to book the casita for my free package however I was able to book 4 nights in the regular room and the remaining 3 in the casita. So i saved a bit there.

#1098 Laur13

Laur13
                • 179 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

Hi Jennib31--I am having the mariachi band play at our cocktail hour at the Health Bar. I think since I'm not having a DJ at my cocktail I wanted something fun for the guests to listen to. I am having a DJ for my beach reception from 7-11 and he is working on the songs with me which is great! I just went to Michaels at lunch and bought a box of 12 glass votive holders with the candles for 4 bucks with my coupon! The resort was going to charge me 4 dollars per votive! No way! I heard Moments that Matter is great! That is exciting :)

#1099 jennib31

jennib31
                  • 48 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

I just got the final quote from Valeria in mexico and almost fell out of my chair. Man it REALLY ADDS UP! Oh well - i am still very excited. Just cant wait for June 5!!!

#1100 dimplz05

dimplz05
                    • 214 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

Jenib31 - what a good idea to have the jacuzzi room for 4 nights and the casita for 3! I didnt even think about that! Darn! Oh well!

We are in the swim up casita for all 7 nights and let me tell you, it is EXPENSIVE!! We arent going on a seperate honeymoon so I guess that makes it better!

I am getting votives for our rehearsal dinner tables from the EDR because I dont think I am going to have room in my suitcases to bring them. They are expensive but I've already spent a million dollars (or so it seems) so what is another $50!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter