Wedding date dilemma
Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:07 PM
We got engaged Dec06 soon after we moved into our new build. We want to get married in the Cancun/RM area, so our first choice date was in July07. We were trying stay out of prime hurricane season, but our old house is still for sale, (bad market right now), and since we are paying for the wedding ourselves, we will not have enough money saved until August or September.
I recently found out both my best friend in Mexico and my FI's sister are pregnant and due this October. I don't think they should be flying anywhere that late in their pregnancies. They both said they will be there and not to worry about them, but I am trying to be realistic. I am not having this wedding without them. Give them a couple of months with their new babies, get past the holidays...that puts us into Feb 08. That seems like so far away!
I know this is not the most difficult decision we will have have to make, but it sure feels like it!
What do you think we should do?
Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:44 PM
Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:00 PM
Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:02 PM
Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:10 PM
Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:41 PM
Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:51 PM
Not a good idea for them to fly that late in their pregnancy, and if you want them to be there then wait. Gives you more time to save anyway
Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:01 PM
Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:11 PM
I guess it will be here quite sooner than I think!
Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:20 PM
I just accepted one of the offers. Cross you fingers for us that all goes well ... then we can put more $$ towards our wedding fund!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users