4865 replies to this topic

#981 dbarnes

dbarnes
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by beachbride17
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this board but have been reading past posts. My fiance and I are considering getting married at the Barcelo in January or February of next year. Kind of short notice, I know. I have two questions. Do you think this is just too short of notice for people to commit? We would probably be inviting 20-30 people. Also, has anyone who is travelling with Air Transat talked to their travel agent about the three new wedding packages that they are offering at the Barcelo They seem quite reasonably priced if you have 10 or 12 people flying out of the same place, etc, but I wonder if you'd get the same level of service from the people at the hotel if they're not getting all of the $$. Txs in advance.
    Hi beachbride17. I noticed you have your weddin date set for January 28. We are having ours on January 30. I thought I'd give you a shout out. How is everything going?

#982 DDBentley15

DDBentley15
    • 57 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

The WC's definitely get much better once your wedding is about 2 months away...so don't stress! I'd also be interested in hearing about what people picked for dinner and cake. I'm still a little undecided about the menu. Did anyone have the cocktail hour with apps? I'm going with the Mexican package but not sure what apps to pick. Any suggestions? THanks!

#983 BethBride1

BethBride1
      • 106 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by buehler.allison
      Have you girls decided on your menus? Has anyone tried the food on the menus? Any suggestions?
      We had a food tasting in July when we were down there....everything was DELICIOUS!!! My fiance's family is straight from Italy, so this was very important to us. We were so nervous....but were soooo surprised and happy!! Even the presentation was amazing!

#984 BethBride1

BethBride1
      • 106 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

ALright girls.....I finally was able to post my pictures of the resort online. Let's see if this works....

Here are some reception sites:

Picasa Web Albums - Beth.Nihill - Reception Site

#985 BethBride1

BethBride1
      • 106 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

Cocktail Sites:
      Picasa Web Albums - Beth.Nihill - Cocktail Site

Other Sites:
      Picasa Web Albums - Beth.Nihill - Other sites

Church:

Picasa Web Albums - Beth.Nihill - Church

#986 BethBride1

BethBride1
      • 106 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

Rooms:
      Picasa Web Albums - Beth.Nihill - Rooms

Pools:
      Picasa Web Albums - Beth.Nihill - Pools

This last one is some of our personal pics, so I'm not going to leave it public for too long.....
      Picasa Web Albums - Beth.Nihill - BARCELO MAYA ...

#987 MObride09

MObride09
      • 186 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for posting BethBride1!!!

#988 beachbride17

beachbride17
        • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dbarnes
          Hi beachbride17. I noticed you have your weddin date set for January 28. We are having ours on January 30. I thought I'd give you a shout out. How is everything going?

Hey dbares,

Great to see someone else getting married around the same date. Planning is going okay. I still haven't received the menu yet and can't decide if I want to pay the extra for the reception in an outside grill Getting a little stressed but I know it'll all come together. How is your planning going?

#989 bride2b10

bride2b10
          • 320 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm going down to Barcelo for a site visit in a couple of weeks. Anything anybody wants me to ask in particular? Anything you would suggest for me to ask for myself? I'm worried there are lots of things I'm overlooking :-)

Thanks!!!
            http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#990 sfrench0621

sfrench0621
            • 242 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for posting the photos BethBride! Can't wait to go for my site visit in January! Question about the food tasting- did you have to pay extra for that?

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BethBride1
              We had a food tasting in July when we were down there....everything was DELICIOUS!!! My fiance's family is straight from Italy, so this was very important to us. We were so nervous....but were soooo surprised and happy!! Even the presentation was amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter