Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#2501 HaleGrifa

HaleGrifa
  • Jr. Member
  • 179 posts

    Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drtracy
    FYI ~ My aunt collected a bunch of sand from MP to take home for a planter. She had no problems taking it through customs.




    So sorry that you are freaking out. There are several awesome locations and hotels for weddings. MP is definitely one of them and you will have wonderful day. Another BDW bride taught me about inspiration boards, if you need to print and cut out pictures of MP from here or other sites. Put them on a nice board so that you can be continually reminded of what a beautiful place it is and how wonderful your wedding will be. The rates are a bit higher then some other places, but those places aren't necessarily for 5-star hotels with the same amenities. It is totally worth it! I don't think there is such a thing as a generic bride!


    Please do not worry - the MP is stunning - a dream come true.

    Our Wedding was truly magical . . . our group is already booked for next year to celebrate our anniversary.

    Happy MP Bride
    Laura

    #2502 HaleGrifa

    HaleGrifa
    • Jr. Member
    • 179 posts

      Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by liz1717
      Is anyone here doing "assigned" seats for a private dinner? We are going to have one long table for guests and I'm wondering if I should bother making some sort of seating chart, or just let people figure it out based on the place markers/favors at each seat. For 22 guests, is it really worth worrying about? Doe anyone have a template, or a suggestion of where I could find one? Thanks!

      Hi Liz,

      We had 28 guests - we did do placecards.

      I purchased Starfish Photo Frames from Wedding Star and had each guest named printed with a palm leaf in the background (in my wedding colours).

      This was a great seating guide and favour - all of our guest loved the idea & they looked fabulous.

      Funny enough, when I visit my guests in their homes - they all have their frames displayed with their names!

      MP was amazing . . . Our Wedding was Truly Magical

      So happy to be Mrs. Grifa

      aka Laura Hale

      #2503 lizlett3

      lizlett3
      • Newbie
      • 39 posts

        Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by HaleGrifa
        Please do not worry - the MP is stunning - a dream come true.

        Our Wedding was truly magical . . . our group is already booked for next year to celebrate our anniversary.

        Happy MP Bride
        Laura
        Thank you all for your kind words! You have all taken away my worries

        #2504 nibsmom

        nibsmom
        • Member
        • 564 posts

          Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:34 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by lizlett3
          So if they threw you a shower does that mean you registered? I guess that is where I am at right now. My family plus his have both mentioned throwing a shower yet I feel uncomftorable registering. So did you get around registering somehow?
          Hey Liz, I felt really uncomfortable registering, but people kept asking me and asking me where I was registered, so finally I just did. We registered at Crate and Barrel, and Macys, as well as a honeymoon registry. We've gotten a few gifts - not too many. I'm not really sure what to expect when the wedding is closer. It's just awkward. But, people will expect you to register, especially those that aren't going to the wedding!!!

          #2505 nibsmom

          nibsmom
          • Member
          • 564 posts

            Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Camie78
            nibsmom - I saw the bags as I was getting on the horse carriage, so my memory may be a little foggy but I want to say that they were about 8" x 8". We got two bags and it was more than enough for our 23 guests to throw up in the air 3 times as the photographer took pictures. Below is a picture of the basket that they put the petals in. Not sure if this basket is all of the petals or if they just filled the basket with what would fit. The basket was about 4 inches deep and about 8x8 as well.
            Thanks Camie!! I think I'm going to go with bringing my own freeze dried petals - it sounds like they are not a problem to get through customs, and they are a lot cheaper!

            #2506 FutureMsMoulton

            FutureMsMoulton
            • Member
            • 762 posts

              Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by lizlett3
              I am having a total freak out day! I am A.) nervous that I will not like the moon palace because I stupidly starting reading other threads with all the other wonderful hotels and B.) that the rates are too high for my guests. C.) I dont want to feel like a generic bride. I think I better just stick with reading about the Moon Palace so I dont second guess. We just turned in our contract this week so maybe I am just having some nerves.
              Hey Lizlett-

              I have been to the Moon Palace and posted pictures of the room and stuff on my website Brooke & Justin's Website including us enjoying it. It is AMAZING!!!!! From the second you arrive you feel like you are spoiled rotten. My best advice is to bring along some $1 and give tips to people.. they will remember your name drink and if your poolside have your next drink before your first one is finished.

              As for the cost yes its pricey but you get what you pay for... you pay a top price you get the best! We loved the 24 hr room service and mini bar in the room, the 2 person jacuzzi in every room and the variety of options of dining food. We are looking forward to doing a tour since its included in the price too.

              Don't freak out... enjoy it, but we all go through the freakout days!!

              #2507 ashnic2005

              ashnic2005
              • Jr. Member
              • 274 posts

                Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

                To Tammy TA

                If you have the same rate of $385.00 per couple/night as the MP,then is the Passport also included ? I was also quoted in the same package with the addition of PassPort that children 12 and under -free and 13 and older- $54.00 per night. It also included the transportation to and from airport, 4-5 tours, as well as 25% off golf,spa etc. There were many Buy one/get one free adventures. Is that the same too?
                I was planning to go directly through the airlines for group rates and planning to add Travel Insurance for all parties on cancellations.
                I also have the number of rooms or total nights for the bonuses of private parties in the contract. I haven't sign it yet but I am wondering what the difference is between the TA and directly with the hotel. I thought it was better to go directly with the hotel with the contract. The only deposit that is needed is the bride and groom's room payment upfront. Then all other parties can reserve up to 45 days before event. There is a link that they will give you so that it can be posted on the wedding website for individuals to reserve their own rooms at one night's deposit. Our party is planning to stay 3-5 nights.
                Bride and Groom + 62 Booked = PARTAAAY!
                 

                 


                #2508 TinaM2b

                TinaM2b
                • Jr. Member
                • 445 posts

                  Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

                  Hey Ashnic, I don't know if all TA's are the same but ours has been amazing. She has insured we had all the amenities, she has acted as the middle person (relieving me of a lot of stress for months), she is making all the transfer arrangements for all guests, and she made special payment arrangements for our guests. Our guests made a commitment last December with a small deposit. She made arrangements so they would have several months to pay the remainder (the guests had the freedom of making small payments for several months or one large payment at the end). All of these reasons were why I went with a TA verses going through the resort directly.

                  #2509 Betsy

                  Betsy

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,513 posts

                    Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lizlett3
                    I am having a total freak out day! I am A.) nervous that I will not like the moon palace because I stupidly starting reading other threads with all the other wonderful hotels and B.) that the rates are too high for my guests. C.) I dont want to feel like a generic bride. I think I better just stick with reading about the Moon Palace so I dont second guess. We just turned in our contract this week so maybe I am just having some nerves.
                    You will LOVE the Moon Palace, I promise! I remember feeling like that towards the wedding date also, especially because I had never been to the Moon Palace before. But they will take care of your every need and they will make your wedding soooo beautiful!!! Don't second guess yourself, you picked a fabulous resort, and you will have a beautiful wedding!! I can't wait to go back again!!!


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
                    I didn't know if I wanted to do the rose petals, but seeing how pretty they are in the basket is making me think twice about it now. Ugh... add on some more $$$
                    Wow they do look beautiful but $40? That seems like a lot to me! We just bought fake rose petals - I think at hobby lobby, and used those. They were like $3 or something - super cheap, and they looked beautiful. Just in case you are wanting to save a little $$ for something else!!

                    #2510 nibsmom

                    nibsmom
                    • Member
                    • 564 posts

                      Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ashnic2005
                      To Tammy TA

                      If you have the same rate of $385.00 per couple/night as the MP,then is the Passport also included ? I was also quoted in the same package with the addition of PassPort that children 12 and under -free and 13 and older- $54.00 per night. It also included the transportation to and from airport, 4-5 tours, as well as 25% off golf,spa etc. There were many Buy one/get one free adventures. Is that the same too?
                      I was planning to go directly through the airlines for group rates and planning to add Travel Insurance for all parties on cancellations.
                      I also have the number of rooms or total nights for the bonuses of private parties in the contract. I haven't sign it yet but I am wondering what the difference is between the TA and directly with the hotel. I thought it was better to go directly with the hotel with the contract. The only deposit that is needed is the bride and groom's room payment upfront. Then all other parties can reserve up to 45 days before event. There is a link that they will give you so that it can be posted on the wedding website for individuals to reserve their own rooms at one night's deposit. Our party is planning to stay 3-5 nights.
                      Hey Ashnic, you may want to PM this to Tammy, in case she doesn't come over to the the MP forum very often. BUT...I used Tammy Host as my TA, and she was able to include in my contract all the anemities that the hotel was offering. So, I'm getting free stuff per the number of nights/rooms I book, the palace passport, etc etc. I think it's been great to work with a TA - first, I didn't have to negogiate the contract myself, second, she got me a better rate than the hotel was offering me, by a fair amount...and, the TA takes care of all problems and reminding people to pay their deposits, etc. She can also book the flights for me, which is really nice. She also arranges all transfers to and from the airport, and even got these included in our room price!

                      It's really up to you which way you go, but I will say my experience with Tammy has been great!!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter