Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#2401 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

When are most of your guests arriving? If I had of had unlimited events, I would of had a private cocktail party the first night of everyone arriving for introductions, handing out welcome bags, etc.

#2402 drtracy

drtracy
    • 436 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nibsmom
      Tina those shirts are wicked cute!!!

We ended up booking a buffet for our reception. Now I'm not sure where to use our free cocktail reception.

I am torn between having it Friday before our welcome dinner, or for an hour before our wedding between noon and 1 - the wedding starts at 1 - to tide over our guests until dinner, and to make sure everyone has a cool drink for the ceremony!
      What time is your welcome dinner? MP has shows every night of the week that start at 8 or 9 depending on the night and the disco opens at 1030. You could always do the cocktail after the dinner and then all go to a show or the disco. Just a thought. I was worried about having too much food with having a cocktail then dinner but really there was so much food everywhere it didn't really matter. No one ever went hungry.

#2403 liz1717

liz1717
      • 113 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

It's now three weeks before my wedding at MP and I have finally finished reading through this thread...We're pretty much ready to go, I just have a few last minute things to figure out and finish. I am so ready to finally get down there!! Really, I just wanted to say thank you everyone for such helpful information!!

#2404 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
        • 445 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

Liz, Good Luck!! You have to be so excited!

We are a little over a month away....... leaving one month from today and I am starting to feel it come together.

Another question for people who have been to MP. Do they have laundry facilities? Or do I need to take stuff to wash things in the sink? I know we will need something since we will be there for so long...... Shoot, my boys (19 & 22) are coming down for the last 7 days.... I know I will need to wash their stuff once or twice.

#2405 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
          • 445 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

Liz, Good Luck!! You have to be so excited!

We are a little over a month away....... leaving one month from today and I am starting to feel it come together.

Another question for people who have been to MP. Do they have laundry facilities? Or do I need to take stuff to wash things in the sink? I know we will need something since we will be there for so long...... Shoot, my boys (19 & 22) are coming down for the last 7 days.... I know I will need to wash their stuff once or twice.

#2406 nibsmom

nibsmom
            • 564 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

Ah, I don't know yet what time I'll do my welcome dinner - maybe around 7pm. We have a lot of folk with young kids and some older people who will most likely drop like flies after 830pm, lol. We have a lot of guests arriving on Thursday, but our photographer doesn't arrive until Friday, so I'm not sure if I want to do anything on Thursday without the photographer!

I'm sure I'll find a place to use the cocktail! Nooo worries.

Liz, congrats! You must be so excited!! I know I am getting super excited - I wish I was as close as you are!

#2407 drtracy

drtracy
              • 436 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

Hey Tina ~ they do have laundry services but from what I remember it was kinda expensive. Like a buck or two per item. They don't have a self-service laundry there that I remember. It's really easy to wash a few things and then hang them up in the shower, there's a line that you can pull across for wet suits and stuff.

#2408 jlwedding

jlwedding
                • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hello! Did any of you ever consider a catamaran? Or has anyone done one from Moon Palace? We thought that could be a fun rehearsal dinner event - but wasn't sure if anyone has ever tried one! Let me know - thanks!!

#2409 Fabi

Fabi
                  • 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:59 AM

What exactly is a catamaran? Fabi

#2410 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
                    • 445 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

We are starting our welcome dinner at 6:30 and we were told we could stay until close (10:00) with no worries!

Thanks Tracy! It is good ot know about the line!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter