Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#1451 kennynicole

kennynicole
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

For all the 2010 brides....

We have moved our wedding up a few month to Jan 2010 (originally Nov 2009) since we not able to get the time we wanted in Nov. I have been in contact with the Miami office and was told they will have the new packages by March or April. So if you are looking at booking a wedding during 2010 you should try to contact them in March or April...or later. Otherwise they cannot book it. Ahhh, I was really hoping to get the contract signed this week so I cannot think about wedding stuff for awhile. Oh well what can you do.

#1452 Jeannie

Jeannie
    • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hello!

I am currently checking dates with several resorts, but cannot use the online form for the Moon Palace. Does anyone have an email for booking a date?

Thanks!
      Jeannie

#1453 emaya77

emaya77
      • 92 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

Hi,
        We are thinking of having our wedding at Playacar Palace (same chain as Moon Palace)...and I was wondering if anyone has used a Travel Agent that they love and can recommend. I am looking for an agent that has experience booking with the Palace resorts, because for some reason a bunch of agents that I have spoken to so far say they do not like Palace resorts and will not book with them. I have no idea why this would be, except maybe they don't have a contract with them or something - because the Palace resorts get great reviews, and Moon Palace has a ton of weddings so you'd think the Agents would be all over that!?

Ah well...yea, so if anyone can suggest an Agent that would work with someone even if they are not local, that would be great! Fyi...I am 5 min. from Philadelphia, in Collingswood, NJ.
        Thanks!!
        Emily

#1454 nibsmom

nibsmom
        • 564 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hey Emily! I contacted Tammy - "Tammy Host" from the forum, and she did my group contract. Teresa is doing my booking. They both have been really great, and I would definitely recommend either of them! PM me if you want more info!

#1455 nibsmom

nibsmom
          • 564 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jeannie
            Hello!

I am currently checking dates with several resorts, but cannot use the online form for the Moon Palace. Does anyone have an email for booking a date?

Thanks!
            Jeannie
            Hey Jeannie! I would honestly just call. It's really the fastest way to get information for booking dates and times. When I used the online form, I waited a whole weekend and a day before I found out the time I had wanted was already taken. I ended up just calling and had it all worked out in minutes. I'm pretty sure you can find the phone number for the Miami office on the website. If you can't find it, let me know and I can scrounge around in my email and find it.

Good luck!!

#1456 CantWait!

CantWait!
            • Banned
            • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

nibsmom - Are you having your ceremony in a gazebo or on the beach? I was thinking about using the beach after seeing the recent pictures of how they set it up...but you just made me think more seriously about having umbrellas for some shade!!

#1457 nibsmom

nibsmom
              • 564 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

Cantwait, I'm going to have my ceremony in a gazebo. 1pm in July will be hot hot hot! I think the umbrellas would look beautiful in pictures though! I probably won't have them stand there with their umbrellas open during the ceremony in the gazebo, probably walk up with them, then just shut them during.

#1458 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,656 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by emaya77
                Hi,
                We are thinking of having our wedding at Playacar Palace (same chain as Moon Palace)...and I was wondering if anyone has used a Travel Agent that they love and can recommend. I am looking for an agent that has experience booking with the Palace resorts, because for some reason a bunch of agents that I have spoken to so far say they do not like Palace resorts and will not book with them. I have no idea why this would be, except maybe they don't have a contract with them or something - because the Palace resorts get great reviews, and Moon Palace has a ton of weddings so you'd think the Agents would be all over that!?

Ah well...yea, so if anyone can suggest an Agent that would work with someone even if they are not local, that would be great! Fyi...I am 5 min. from Philadelphia, in Collingswood, NJ.
                Thanks!!
                Emily
                hi emily,

i've done quite a few weddings at moon palace and have been able to get them to honor all perks that they offered the bride and groom directly.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#1459 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
                • 274 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:26 PM

Question for the girls that have already been married at the MP and used the horse-drawn carriage....
                  How did you coordinate your music with the timing of the carriage arrival? Did you have a separate song for the groom and bridal party? A separate one for the carriage entrance?

We're currently using Hans Zimmer "You're so cool" (3:39 minutes long) for the carriage arrival. Do you think that is long enough?

#1460 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
                  • 274 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

*** Also, were you permitted to use more than the website's stated '4 song maximum'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter