Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#6251 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
  • Newbie
  • 112 posts

    Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

    Does anyone have a cheat sheet typed of all the items on this thread/items you can switch out?



    #6252 leigh2011

    leigh2011
    • Jr. Member
    • 277 posts

      Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

      Try to remain calm - deep breaths.  In the days leading up to my wedding (10 day forecast), the weather went from perfect to stormy back to perfect.  Don't even trust the forecast until 2-3 days out.  You know how much your local forecast can change, so you can imagine a tropical forecast is even more variable.

       

      Originally Posted by jana297 

      Trying really hard not to freak out. The weather in Cancun for my wedding is Thunderstorms and more clouds than sun! I am soooooo bummed.



       



      #6253 leigh2011

      leigh2011
      • Jr. Member
      • 277 posts

        Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

        Hmm...no cheat sheet but I can tell you what I know of and maybe other brides can add onto my list based on the Ultimate Package:

         

        - I switched photographer for gazebo decor (4 floral corsages) which can then be used as reception centerpieces

        - I switched 2x corsages + 2x bouts (because our ceremony wasn't formal enough for that) for my MOH's bouquet

        - I have heard several times that you can swap out the cocktail hour (for 20 ppl) for an extra 10 ppl at the reception

         

        Originally Posted by beachwed2013 

        Does anyone have a cheat sheet typed of all the items on this thread/items you can switch out?



         



        #6254 janine837

        janine837
        • Newbie
        • 8 posts

          Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

          How quickly did you get a confirmation of your deposit after you gave them your credit card info? They've had mine for almost 2 months and haven't confirmed I've secured my date! Claudia said that accounting processes the payment, and my wedding is >1 year away so I'm sure it's not "priority" but I still would like to know I have the date secured!



          #6255 jana297

          jana297
          • Member
          • 646 posts

            Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:28 PM


            Call them. It is not fair they have not confirmed when they have your money
             

            Originally Posted by janine837 

            How quickly did you get a confirmation of your deposit after you gave them your credit card info? They've had mine for almost 2 months and haven't confirmed I've secured my date! Claudia said that accounting processes the payment, and my wedding is >1 year away so I'm sure it's not "priority" but I still would like to know I have the date secured!



             


            Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
            April 6, 2012

            #6256 beachwed2013

            beachwed2013
            • Newbie
            • 112 posts

              Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:21 AM



              Originally Posted by janine837 

              How quickly did you get a confirmation of your deposit after you gave them your credit card info? They've had mine for almost 2 months and haven't confirmed I've secured my date! Claudia said that accounting processes the payment, and my wedding is >1 year away so I'm sure it's not "priority" but I still would like to know I have the date secured!

              If your greater than 1 year away they havent charged you yet because they havent SET the prices for the 2013 Wedding Year. I am working with Cecilia and am going out in 3 weeks, and she confirmed they have not Confirmed/set prices for the packages. She didnt take my Credit Card at all, but she DID guarantee my date/location and time.

               

              Best of luck.
               

               



              Originally Posted by jana297 


              Call them. It is not fair they have not confirmed when they have your money
               



               



               



              #6257 jana297

              jana297
              • Member
              • 646 posts

                Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

                Lasdies I have quite the nightmare on hand! I made some last minute menu cards and I only have 4 days before I leave. I made all 26 of them and thern realized I spelled them wrong. Trying not to panick. I sure hope everyone is buzzed enough and does not notice.

                 

                photo (2).JPG


                Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
                April 6, 2012

                #6258 mrsgraham2012

                mrsgraham2012
                • Newbie
                • 15 posts

                  Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

                  Thank you for this thoughtful tip.  My destination wedding is at Dreams Cancun in October 2012.  I AM VERY NERVOUS.  I coordinate weddings in the states and the thought of not being there to coordinate my own until four day before is killing me. 

                   

                  Can anyone tell me the best location to have there reception.  We are getting married at 3pm Ultimate Wedding package 1 hour cocktail and then the dinner reception.  I am afraid that if we do the beach it will not be properly lit.

                   

                  Also, can anyone tell me if this will be a traditional wedding reception...ie first dance, cutting the cake, DANCING lol.

                   

                  Any tips to ensure this happens?

                   

                  Best Regards



                  #6259 leigh2011

                  leigh2011
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 277 posts

                    Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

                    The reception location is certainly a matter of preference, but I loved having it on Himitsu beach.  If you check out my wedding photo album in my signature, you can see some pictures of how the beach is lit when it is dark out.  I got married in November, so sunset was just after 5pm (the time change in Mexico was in late October - they change before the US does).  My ceremony was at 4:30pm, cocktail hour at 5:30-6:30, and reception after 6:30pm.

                     

                    The wedding reception can be anything you want it to be.  They definitely expect for you to have a first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, toasts, cake cutting, garter & bouquet tosses and dancing.  However, you can feel free to add anything you want or omit anything.  If you use a Dreams DJ you will have contact with them in the months leading up to your wedding so you can provide them a song list and let them know what you want.  For instance, we only had one unmarried female guest over the age of 3 (and she was already engaged) so we omitted the bouquet toss.  There were 2 unmarried men (one being the fiance) so we omitted the garter toss as well.

                     

                    Hope that helps.
                     

                    Originally Posted by mrsgraham2012 

                    Thank you for this thoughtful tip.  My destination wedding is at Dreams Cancun in October 2012.  I AM VERY NERVOUS.  I coordinate weddings in the states and the thought of not being there to coordinate my own until four day before is killing me. 

                     

                    Can anyone tell me the best location to have there reception.  We are getting married at 3pm Ultimate Wedding package 1 hour cocktail and then the dinner reception.  I am afraid that if we do the beach it will not be properly lit.

                     

                    Also, can anyone tell me if this will be a traditional wedding reception...ie first dance, cutting the cake, DANCING lol.

                     

                    Any tips to ensure this happens?

                     

                    Best Regards



                     



                    #6260 mrsgraham2012

                    mrsgraham2012
                    • Newbie
                    • 15 posts

                      Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

                      Leigh2011

                       

                      First and foremost let me say THANK YOU.  I forwarded your preparation thread to my MOH.  You really penned the sentiments and visons for my own day.  Since joining and reading this forum I have emailed Cecilia to reserve the  Himitsu Beach and also requested a list of DJ's.  So far we have 17 confirmed traveling with us with a possible 8 more so I'm preparring for 25 guest.  Not sure aobut the formal menu's and formal table settings.  From the resort pictures that appear to do a decent job.  Can you elaborate?  Also could you tell me; the lighting on the beach, was that an additional cost?  And was you DJ used for the ceremony ie music while your guest waited and the reception the same, or is the ala carte, e.g. rent the sound system for the ceremony and then hire the DJ.

                       

                      I really appreciate your time.

                       

                      Kind Regards






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter