Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#6091 jana297

jana297
  • Member
  • 646 posts

    Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

    Congrats on your wedding and welcome to this forum. You will find more info here than from the wedding coordinator. Very exciting to be a dreams bride!! Yay for you. My wedding is on April 6th and we will be there from April2-April 13th so we won't be seeing each other but when I get back I will come to this site and post my review!!

     

    Originally Posted by Melissa Budsock 

    HI All,

     

    I am totally new to this site but have already found it so helpful!!

    I am getting married at the Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa on April 20, 2012--65 days to go!!!

    Everyone here mentions Claudia but I have not been in contact with her at all. I am dealing with Cecilia- had anyone dealt with her in the past or now? It does take her over 3 weeks to respond to any of my emails which is ok but I just want to make sure that when I get to Dreams my wedding will be as perfect as I hope for!

    Any suggestions at all for my wedding would be greatly appreciated!!

     

    Melissa



     


    Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
    April 6, 2012

    #6092 bnwedding2011

    bnwedding2011
    • Newbie
    • 29 posts

      Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

      I worked with Cecilia.. She was amazing! She wasn't very responsive before the wedding but everything went VERY smooth on my wedding day. She had everything under control and exactly what I wanted. She upgraded our cake for free and got us moved to the honeymoon suite when they messed up our room. 



      #6093 Sasha030412

      Sasha030412
      • Newbie
      • 48 posts

        Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

        Hi Ladies, 

         

        Can you advise if you are shipping your dress to the resort or bringing it with you on the plane? If you are shipping, how far in advance are you shipping it? If you are bringing it with you how are you transporting it?

         

        Thanks!



        #6094 jana297

        jana297
        • Member
        • 646 posts

          Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

          They will allow u to carry your dress on the plane. Some of them will hang it up for you even or you can lay on top of bags in overhead bin. Shipping your dress can be very very risky!

           

          Originally Posted by Sasha030412 

          Hi Ladies, 

           

          Can you advise if you are shipping your dress to the resort or bringing it with you on the plane? If you are shipping, how far in advance are you shipping it? If you are bringing it with you how are you transporting it?

           

          Thanks!



           


          Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
          April 6, 2012

          #6095 leigh2011

          leigh2011
          • Jr. Member
          • 277 posts

            Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

            Carrying it with you is definitely the safest thing to do...so there is no chance of not having ti on your wedding day.  My dress bag pretty much had to be smushed up to fit in the overhead bin because there wasn't much space left.  I wasn't worried about it because I knew that steaming of the dress was part of the wedding package.  They did a great job of steaming it, so no worries if it gets wrinkled on the way down. 

             

            One warning with the steaming:  You will be given a time at which you need to have your dress and the groom's attire laid out on your bed (for us it was 10am the day before the ceremony) - make sure you have it out early, because they are on time to pick it up.  We laid out my dress (in it's white bag so the fiance couldn't see), but when it was returned (we were out of the room) it was hung up in the closet in clear bags!  (the white bag was folded and left on a chair in the room)  Luckily my now husband can be very unobservant and he didn't see the dress when he went into the closet to get into the safe (or at least that is what he tells me).  So just try to be aware that you need to be the first one back into the room after the dress is returned so you can survey the situation and make sure your fiance doesn't see the dress before the ceremony.
             

            Originally Posted by Sasha030412 

            Hi Ladies, 

             

            Can you advise if you are shipping your dress to the resort or bringing it with you on the plane? If you are shipping, how far in advance are you shipping it? If you are bringing it with you how are you transporting it?

             

            Thanks!



             



            #6096 Sandy Planner

            Sandy Planner
            • Newbie
            • 113 posts

              Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

              Dear Melissa>:  Ceci  is  the other wedding coordinator at Dreams Cancun , it is very difficult for them to keep good response in their emails because they are all the time out of their desk in weddings , believe  once you arrive they will meet  with you an go over all details.

               

              Please feel free to ask me any specific questions that you have ...I worked couple of  years  for DReams Resorts  so I may have some answers for you

               

              Sandy
               

              Originally Posted by Melissa Budsock 

              HI All,

               

              I am totally new to this site but have already found it so helpful!!

              I am getting married at the Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa on April 20, 2012--65 days to go!!!

              Everyone here mentions Claudia but I have not been in contact with her at all. I am dealing with Cecilia- had anyone dealt with her in the past or now? It does take her over 3 weeks to respond to any of my emails which is ok but I just want to make sure that when I get to Dreams my wedding will be as perfect as I hope for!

              Any suggestions at all for my wedding would be greatly appreciated!!

               

              Melissa



               



              #6097 jana297

              jana297
              • Member
              • 646 posts

                Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

                In what manner did you work for Dreams?

                 

                Originally Posted by Sandy Planner 

                Dear Melissa>:  Ceci  is  the other wedding coordinator at Dreams Cancun , it is very difficult for them to keep good response in their emails because they are all the time out of their desk in weddings , believe  once you arrive they will meet  with you an go over all details.

                 

                Please feel free to ask me any specific questions that you have ...I worked couple of  years  for DReams Resorts  so I may have some answers for you

                 

                Sandy
                 



                 



                 


                Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
                April 6, 2012

                #6098 kellykanester

                kellykanester
                • Jr. Member
                • 236 posts

                  Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

                  I have made a thread on my passport invites, take a look ladies !

                   

                  http://www.bestdesti...es#post_1733085


                  Happily married and now Mrs. West


                  #6099 Melissa Budsock

                  Melissa Budsock
                  • Newbie
                  • 10 posts

                    Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

                    Thank You All!!

                    We got the Dreams Ultimate wedding package and our ceremony is set to start at 6pm. (Hopefully this isn't too late for awesome pictures)

                    As of right now we have 26 people attending the wedding. I believe we will have at least 6 more people to add to the list.

                     

                    Also, Cecilia did tell me that he terrace is no longer available for the cocktail hour? Any other suggestions on where I should have the cocktail hour? I plan to do the reception on the beach. Any preferrance on which beach location I should use? The one near Himitsu Restaurant or Caribe Beach?? As of right now all options are open since I am the only wedding that day (As of Feb14, 2012).

                     

                    Melissa



                    #6100 Melissa Budsock

                    Melissa Budsock
                    • Newbie
                    • 10 posts

                      Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

                      Congrats to you too! I can't wait to hear all about your fabulous day and too see pic.'s of course!!

                      Originally Posted by jana297 

                      Congrats on your wedding and welcome to this forum. You will find more info here than from the wedding coordinator. Very exciting to be a dreams bride!! Yay for you. My wedding is on April 6th and we will be there from April2-April 13th so we won't be seeing each other but when I get back I will come to this site and post my review!!

                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter