Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3971 carolina24

carolina24
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:52 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by andim
    who is doing your TTD?
    i found this really nice lady on here. she only has one review, but i took a chance b/c her blog is awesome and she just gave me a good feeling when we talked. her name is luz maria avila :)

#3972 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
    • Banned
    • 313 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:46 PM

We are having our reception on the Himitsu Beach...we heard it wasn't as windy and was beautiful for a reception.

Time has flown by for me...although June cannot come soon enough at the same time. Half the fun is the anticipation :)
      Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#3973 carolina24

carolina24
      • 1,573 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

ok ladies here are some pics we took at the site visit as requested by pppd :)

Click the image to open in full size.

#3974 carolina24

carolina24
        • 1,573 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

you know, now that i've posted these pics, i see what everyone means about the new beach!! if you compare my first pic with the first one of the facebook pics, the view is COMPLETELY different from that side of the gazebo, it used to be water all around....very sad

#3975 mcbride

mcbride
          • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

So quite a few of our guests are not staying at the resort - including most of my family. I've heard that the resort charges guests anywhere from $55 - $100 for a pass that allows them to get into the resort, get drinks, food, etc.

I'm just curious about this, because we are already paying per head for food and drink. Wouldn't this be paying twice, since our guests would be paying for something that we had already paid for in the cost of our wedding? We're having seventy-give guests included in the cost of our wedding; 25 are staying at a different resort and will have to pay a fee to even get into the resort. These guests also don't need day passes; it seems silly to pay $75.00 or whatever to have them show up for a 5PM wedding and enjoy what has already been bought and paid for.

I can't wait for our wedding there, but this part seems really strange to me. Does anyone know if this is negotiable? Or how it works?

Also, anyone have any description or pictures of Himitsu Beach? That's what I'm thinking site-wise, but I definitely want privacy. No gawking beach goers! :)

I've thrown these requests past Claudia but for those of us that have her as a WC.....well, you know the response rate is less than stellar, LOL!

#3976 shae

shae
            • 308 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

Hi! Has anyone stumbled upon pictures of the food at the reception or cocktail hour?

#3977 carolina24

carolina24
              • 1,573 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:17 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mcbride
                So quite a few of our guests are not staying at the resort - including most of my family. I've heard that the resort charges guests anywhere from $55 - $100 for a pass that allows them to get into the resort, get drinks, food, etc.

I'm just curious about this, because we are already paying per head for food and drink. Wouldn't this be paying twice, since our guests would be paying for something that we had already paid for in the cost of our wedding? We're having seventy-give guests included in the cost of our wedding; 25 are staying at a different resort and will have to pay a fee to even get into the resort. These guests also don't need day passes; it seems silly to pay $75.00 or whatever to have them show up for a 5PM wedding and enjoy what has already been bought and paid for.

I can't wait for our wedding there, but this part seems really strange to me. Does anyone know if this is negotiable? Or how it works?

Also, anyone have any description or pictures of Himitsu Beach? That's what I'm thinking site-wise, but I definitely want privacy. No gawking beach goers! :)

I've thrown these requests past Claudia but for those of us that have her as a WC.....well, you know the response rate is less than stellar, LOL!
                As long as the guests that are not staying at the hotel arrive up to an hour before your ceremony and leave right after the reception, then they don't have to pay for a day pass. This is what Cecilia confirmed for me.

So if your ceremony is at 4 pm, make sure they get there no ealier than 3 and leave right after the end of your set reception time (not the time you decide to finish partying)

#3978 KB&JC

KB&JC
                • 70 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:08 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams
                  KB& JC I went through Tropical Sands...I can send you his contact information if you'd like - PM me your email address...
                  I acutally am using TA Jill but I just wondered because that is an awesome deal!!
                  Dreams Cancun
                  May 14, 2011
                  Bride and Groom +37 booked and counting!!

#3979 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
                  • 299 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mcbride

Here are the pictures that I have, but they might not be what you're looking for. The sunset is really pretty, but I'm not sure that it's very 'private' either. I'm not sure that any of the sites really are unless your in the ballroom!

#3980 meldal101010

meldal101010
                    • 444 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

So, this is from the comments further back but I talked with Claudia today & she told me that she would exchange the Mexican Trio for 5 more free people at the reception. So, in total thats 15 extra that I managed to exchange for so 35 people in total...now lets just hope I can keep our guest list down to a reasonable number...

I'm also alittle disappointed with the new beach. I love that its so big, but one of the main reasons I chose Dreams was because of the view around the gazebo....I hope the beach isn't packed on our wedding day, but it probably won't be since its in October which is off-season...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter