Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#2611 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

Hey ladies.. Does anyone know of any past brides that had their reception in the ballroom?? Or can point me in the right direction!! I think because of the 2nd wedding on my date and the fact that i thought i could pick my location when I arrived I am stuck in there for my wedding and Im scared
    <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#2612 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
    • 248 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

I just got a price for a cigar roller at your wedding if anyone is interested as well...

15$ US dollars per cigar... Thoughts??

#2613 destination

destination
      • 215 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mummergirl
        actually we've all been making very tasteless jokes about the situation in mexico, like hey, we should make up shirts that say "i lost my head in cancun" ... hey, i warned you they were tasteless.
        LOL! Props to whomever came up with that pun
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by JoannaR
        I just got a price for a cigar roller at your wedding if anyone is interested as well...

15$ US dollars per cigar... Thoughts??
        Somewhere on this thread I read there was a minimum... Not sure what it was, but be sure to find out before you hire them

#2614 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:54 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JoannaR
          Hey ladies.. Does anyone know of any past brides that had their reception in the ballroom?? Or can point me in the right direction!! I think because of the 2nd wedding on my date and the fact that i thought i could pick my location when I arrived I am stuck in there for my wedding and Im scared
          i think dmarie's reception was in the ballroom ... yep, here's her review: http://bestdestinati....1-2#post531864

the plus side to having your reception in there is that not only is it totally private, but it's air conditioned!!! some ballroom pics: http://bestdestinati....854#post320323

did you ask ggrimmer the time & location of their wedding? is it conflicting?

#2615 sunitam

sunitam
          • 124 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mc5363
            Girls, after lots of persistence, I have been able to get most of the trades I wanted. They do put up a fight, but I have found that if I "hound" them a bit, they usually work with you. It might be so they don't have to listen to me anymore, but it's worth it:)

hey! can you please tell me what kind of trades they gave you?? they are so unfair with giving us all different trades and telling us different things! if you could share your email, I'd really really appreciate it!!

thanks! sunita

Attached Files

#2616 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
            • 248 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

mummergirl your just the best arentcha!!! THANKS :)

#2617 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

Hey Ladies,

Didn't know if you saw this thread on the forum, but maybe it can help save some of you a little bit of money on the DJ

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t40125

#2618 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
                • 444 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for the info about DJ Mannia...it reminded me to email him. I didn't realize he is so popular. Now I'm nervous that he will already be booked on my wedding date!

#2619 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
                  • 444 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

I'm finally starting to stress. My wedding date has been booked for quite some time now but I've been super busy this year with a new job and the wedding plans were put on the back burner. I've been reading through the more recent posts and have heard mixed feelings on what to book in advance. So far I've booked the photographer and just emailed DJ Mannia.

What else should I do soon? I don't need the hair and make-up because 2 of my guests are hair stylists and will be doing my hair. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

#2620 PaulaV

PaulaV
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,813 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

Jilly! ~waves and XOXO!~

Ladies, my experience with all of the salon ladies was excellent. I thought I had to have Christian since I had heard great thing about him. He was in a class when I was there so I had one of the other stylists as did my sister and they were excellent!

Don't stress it always works out for the best!
                      Can I marry my husband at Dreams again?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter