Photo

Boycott El Dorado Royale & Karisma Resorts-UPDATE policy REVISED!

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#121 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:54 PM

This is awesome news and I couldn't be any happier for all the EDR brides. Thank you to Tammy who always looks out for her brides and thank you to all the brides who stuck together and stood up for what they believed in. YAY!!

#122 bgarfias

bgarfias
    • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

I am really surprised to hear about your experiance with El Dorado. I am due to have my wedding at Azul Beach and the coordinator made it very clear that we could not bring in an outside photographer...sorry to hear about your experiance.

#123 Mandy

Mandy
      • 514 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

I think many brides have steered away from Azul for that very reason.

#124 Mandy

Mandy
        • 514 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

If the policy is truly changed and they stay true to their word in other areas of the planning, I would be much more inclined to start sending friends down there for their weddings.

#125 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
          • 292 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:33 PM

OMG..!! I must be dreaming. BLESS YOU TAMMY :)
            This photography issue needed SERIOUS ATTENTION. I've been through way too much nonsense with this topic to have to deal with even more nonsense. I'm totally excited once again to be getting married at EDR . I really hope they keep their word. This is such great news, thanks so much.

#126 morenaindc

morenaindc
            • 221 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

Wonderful news! Solidarity wins! Now I will cnsider them for my honeymoon.

#127 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

See what happens when you (the collective "you") stand up for what you think it fair. Change can happen!

#128 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:50 PM

That's great news!!

#129 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bgarfias
                    I am really surprised to hear about your experiance with El Dorado. I am due to have my wedding at Azul Beach and the coordinator made it very clear that we could not bring in an outside photographer...sorry to hear about your experiance.

That's was exactly the problem. No outside photographers.

#130 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
                    • 687 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Tammy Host
                      they just changed the policy this afternoon so they probably have not updated their website yet. I was told that Faith said the new policy is:
                      • if they are a guest of the resort no fee.
                      • if they are not a guest of the resort $500 per day they shoot.
                      Has anyone confirmed this with their wedding coordinator yet? I checked yesterday and they hadn't changed it yet on the website.
                      Thanks!

I just checked after I posted and they have changed it!
                      "Outside photographers and videographers are not allowed on property unless pre-approved by the hotel in advance. The hotels reserve the right to deny access to the property to any unauthorized photographer or videographer. Please contact your wedding coordinator for more information on approved vendors. Outside photographers and videographers approved by the hotel will incur a $500 photo fee per day.

El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels and Azul Hotels, by Karisma abide by all Mexican governing laws which require foreign workers to obtain proper licensing and work certificates while in Mexico doing work for themselves or on behalf of others . We reserve the right to request proof of such license and/or work certificate."
                      Photography by Tamm's Photos
                      http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter