Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#7801 Suzy831

Suzy831
  • Newbie
  • 42 posts

    Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

    Okay good! This makes me feel a lot better! I have read other posts on here that the Pelicanos beach is nicer, but for some reason I thought it would be more "crowded" over there... but this is great to hear! 
     


    Suzy,  honestly I would be happy with this move.  The Pelicanos beach is A - bigger and B - more "out of the way" for normal guests on the beach.  I realzie how frustrating it can be to have a change like that made with out your approval, but honestly I think you will like it better....also it is not a big difference distance wise - 3-4 minute walk?!?

     


    Royal Playa del Carmen - April 16, 2011

    #7802 GC2008

    GC2008
    • Jr. Member
    • 183 posts

      Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

      kshows - can you tell me who your WC is?  im wondering why i am getting alot of push back from my WC. if i can ship a box or two, it would help me tremendously...and i think i'd be willing to risk the loss of the boxes....
       

      Originally Posted by kshows03 



      Quote:
      Originally Posted by GC2008 

      Hi J&E - i've asked and begged and begged to allow items to be shipped ahead of time.  my wedding coordinator said the resort doesnt allow this....unless i've been misinformed?

       

      btw im from jersey city too!  welcome!


       

      GC - My coordinator said it would be fine to ship items.  That they need to be sent to your coordinator somehow labled with your names/wedding date.  The only down side is that they say they aren't responsible if it doesn't arrive.  Also with customs, things can get held up - I have heard that it is BEST to include your receipts of the items you are sending with them - that it helps it get through customs faster.  Just a thought....

       


       





      #7803 ChicagoBride2011

      ChicagoBride2011
      • Jr. Member
      • 277 posts

        Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:10 AM



        Originally Posted by Suzy831 

        Okay good! This makes me feel a lot better! I have read other posts on here that the Pelicanos beach is nicer, but for some reason I thought it would be more "crowded" over there... but this is great to hear! 
         

        Quote:


        Suzy,  honestly I would be happy with this move.  The Pelicanos beach is A - bigger and B - more "out of the way" for normal guests on the beach.  I realzie how frustrating it can be to have a change like that made with out your approval, but honestly I think you will like it better....also it is not a big difference distance wise - 3-4 minute walk?!?

         



        Suzy pelicanos is the largest beach area and that is where I chose to have my reception.  It is next to the pier behind Pelicanos restaurant.

        I can post a couple pics tonight if you'd like, they are saved on my home computer. 

         

         

        Happy Holidays everyone!


        Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011


        #7804 ChicagoBride2011

        ChicagoBride2011
        • Jr. Member
        • 277 posts

          Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:22 AM



          Originally Posted by Suzy831 

          I have Elvy too. She is okay, but Katia would answer my questions so thoroughly and attach pictures, etc. She was great! I know everything will work out in the end, but it is just hard to plan a wedding when you are so far away!

           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Bride2B22 

          Suzy- Katia was also my WC.....I LOVE HER!! I was so sad when she called me to let me know she was going on maternity leave! who is your WC now? mine is Elvy.....I spoke to her once last week and she seems nice.....Katia mentioned to her and their boss to please take good care of me! we had become really close.....

           

          I wouldn't be too happy if they had changed my location without my concern either!

           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Suzy831 

          Alright, so I'm getting really really frustrated... I booked my wedding almost a year ago and since then I am now on my 4th WC... my last one Katia was awesome, but she is on maternity leave now... so I e-mailed my new WC about my reception on the beach behind the gazebo and it interfering with the wedding that is scheduled at the gazebo at the same time.... and she writes back that my reception was moved to the beach by Pelicanos!!! Okay, in every email and message from my other WC's I've specifically stated that I wanted my wedding on the beach behind the gazebo (just because I wanted everything in the same area so people didn't have to walk far to get to places) and I was told it was booked there... in all of my paperwork I sent them, it says "Reception: Beach behind Gazebo".. so can they just move it without asking me?? How is the beach by Pelicanos?? Is it nice? Is it nicer or worse than the beach area behind the gazebo??? I'm sooooo annoyed... but not sure if I can really do anything at this point. I know a beach is a beach... but just when I think I have everything figured out and organized, something else changes without me knowing!! :(


           

           

           

           

          Katia was mine too!  She was so sweet, I really liked her.  Elvy has been nice too, but not as detailed.


          Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011


          #7805 MyPaperProposal

          MyPaperProposal
          • Newbie
          • 23 posts

            Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

            Hello everyone!

             

            It's the strangest thing...I did my first post on this forum introducing myself a few days ago, but it seems to have disappeared, so I'm gonna try again!  

             

            My name is Sarah, and I'm getting married at The Royal PDC on February 5, 2011.  I actually discovered this forum about a year ago, and it has really helped me a lot throughout the planning process, but this is the first (or second, really) time I've ever actually posted anything myself!  

             

            I'll admit that I'm a bit behind on my reading at the moment...it's crazy how much you miss if you don't check the forum for a couple of weeks!

             

            I've been working with Claudy for the past several months.  She's been great and very responsive and helpful for the most part, but like your coordinator, GC, she's been resistant to a few things like shipping items ahead of time, and at the moment, I'm fighting to get the Tres Leches cake for my reception!  I'm waiting to get a final invoice from her now, and I think I'm going to get transferred to someone else very soon...maybe I'll have more luck with shipping stuff ahead with my new coordinator.

             

            Anyway, it's great to meet you all!  Happy planning! :)  and Happy Holidays...

             

            ~ Sarah



            #7806 kshows03

            kshows03
            • Newbie
            • 78 posts

              Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

              Hey Sarah!!

               

              Glad you are here!  I think you and I have the closest dates.  Mine is Feb 12th, 2011.  There is a lot to catch up on if you have the time, but if you have any questions come up don't hesitate to ask again!


              The Royal - Playa del Carmen - 2/12/11

              #7807 kshows03

              kshows03
              • Newbie
              • 78 posts

                Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:18 PM



                Quote:
                Originally Posted by GC2008 

                kshows - can you tell me who your WC is?  im wondering why i am getting alot of push back from my WC. if i can ship a box or two, it would help me tremendously...and i think i'd be willing to risk the loss of the boxes....
                 

                Originally Posted by kshows03 



                Quote:
                Originally Posted by GC2008 

                Hi J&E - i've asked and begged and begged to allow items to be shipped ahead of time.  my wedding coordinator said the resort doesnt allow this....unless i've been misinformed?

                 

                btw im from jersey city too!  welcome!


                 

                GC - My coordinator said it would be fine to ship items.  That they need to be sent to your coordinator somehow labled with your names/wedding date.  The only down side is that they say they aren't responsible if it doesn't arrive.  Also with customs, things can get held up - I have heard that it is BEST to include your receipts of the items you are sending with them - that it helps it get through customs faster.  Just a thought....

                 


                 





                 


                The Royal - Playa del Carmen - 2/12/11

                #7808 kshows03

                kshows03
                • Newbie
                • 78 posts

                  Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

                  GC - My coordinator is Angie Silva!!


                  The Royal - Playa del Carmen - 2/12/11

                  #7809 Suzy831

                  Suzy831
                  • Newbie
                  • 42 posts

                    Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:09 AM



                    Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 


                    Suzy pelicanos is the largest beach area and that is where I chose to have my reception.  It is next to the pier behind Pelicanos restaurant.

                    I can post a couple pics tonight if you'd like, they are saved on my home computer. 

                     

                    Happy Holidays everyone!


                    Yes, pics would be awesome!! Thanks so much!! So I guess the switch to the Pelicanos Beach is for the best!! I love this forum! :) ChicagoBride, where in Chicago do you live?


                    Royal Playa del Carmen - April 16, 2011

                    #7810 orbitingbklyn

                    orbitingbklyn
                    • Newbie
                    • 71 posts

                      Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:59 AM

                      i had 65 guests & was always running into people.  i had people at the royal and gran porto so sometimes i was running back & forth between them to find a few people.  i never once thought that the resort was crowded at all and they were apparently at 94% capacity at the royal when i was there.  it was fun to just wander around & run into people from my party.
                       

                      Originally Posted by GC2008 View Post

                      for past brides out there - was the resort too big and crowded to be able to meet up with and find your guests?  im trying to get a jist of how big and crowded this resort can get...






                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter