Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6791 Natalie79

Natalie79
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 

Natalie, that's a bummer about your sashes! But hopefully they will arrive on Friday as promised! Your wedding is so close too! Where did you get your maracas from?

I got them from Amol's...$2 a pair!!

http://www.amols.com...g/product/MX700

#6792 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
    • 677 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

Thanks! Super cheap price!!!

Originally Posted by Natalie79 

I got them from Amol's...$2 a pair!!

http://www.amols.com...g/product/MX700

#6793 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Natalie79 

The tres leches thing is a huge bummer!!  They told me the same thing, that even with a "standard" they don't do that flavor anymore.  I got vanilla cake with caramel & coffee filling.  Hope it's good!

I leave exactly 2 weeks from today!  I'm SO ready....all im waiting for is my chair sashes and my place cards for the guests (which I'm going to attach to maracas).  DO NOT order anything from Diva Girl Designs.  I ordered Sashes from them about 6 weeks ago (picked them because of this color I really wanted and couldn't find).  She kept saying 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks...and barely even a sorry!  If you don't have the product just say so!  Supposedly I'm getting them by Friday.

Ugh crappy! If they fall through on you, i used these folks: https://www.weddings...n.com/index.php . Placed two separate orders with them and had sashes and table overlays within a week.

I was really, really wanting tres leches cake :-( ..she couldnt explain why (she said she wasnt sure how to translate). Sigh. Did you get an upgraded cake? How did you choose the caramel and coffee filling (sounds delish!)

Does anyone else have the luxury package? We paid (for non-real guests) an additional 80 pp for reception, 20 pp for cocktail and 20 pp for cake/champagne toast? Is that last charge right? I see a charge of 10 pp in the previous package, but nothing about 20 pp in luxury for champ/cake. Weird.  (and 10pp for hot canapes) So 130.00 pp for non real ...yikes ....4 so far

#6794 Natalie79

Natalie79
        • 112 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Ugh crappy! If they fall through on you, i used these folks: https://www.weddings...n.com/index.php . Placed two separate orders with them and had sashes and table overlays within a week.

I was really, really wanting tres leches cake :-( ..she couldnt explain why (she said she wasnt sure how to translate). Sigh. Did you get an upgraded cake? How did you choose the caramel and coffee filling (sounds delish!)

Does anyone else have the luxury package? We paid (for non-real guests) an additional 80 pp for reception, 20 pp for cocktail and 20 pp for cake/champagne toast? Is that last charge right? I see a charge of 10 pp in the previous package, but nothing about 20 pp in luxury for champ/cake. Weird.  (and 10pp for hot canapes) So 130.00 pp for non real ...yikes ....4 so far

Thanks Lisa!!  I will save the website just in case.

I sent my fiance all the flavors and told him to pick anything that's not chocolate (since we are having the chocolate cannoli dessert).  He is pretty picky with desserts and he picked the caramel/coffee, which sounded really good to me too!!   Did they give you the cake flavor list?

#6795 Heidi82

Heidi82
          • 72 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

Natalie79 - Those maracas are soo cute!  I'm saving the link to my favorites so I can buy them later on!  Thanks!

Lady Di - I go back and look at your photos and planning all the time!  It's just all so pretty and inspiring!

So, I'm leaving this Friday for my friend's wedding in Puerto Morelos and we will do the site visit at the Royal on Monday, Oct 18th!  I cannot wait to see this place in person!  AND do the food tasting!  Yum!

I had my first hiccup with my WC...She wanted to move the site visit to a different time, but my TA stepped in and reminded her that the site visit had been booked for over a month.  PHEW!  We would not have been able to do the site visit at all if it got rescheduled because we have to catch our flight home the same day.

The only thing I am concerned about is getting from Puerto Morelos to the Royal.  The only thing I can think of is to ask the shuttle service (if they have one) at the hotel we are staying at if they can drive us to the Royal.  I don't think taking a 45 min. - an hour long cab ride will be affordable or safe...   Does anyone have any advice? 

CONGRATS to all the recent October brides!!  CAN'T wait to see pictures and planning!! 

Heidi

July 22, 2011

#6796 Natalie79

Natalie79
            • 112 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Heidi82 

Natalie79 - Those maracas are soo cute!  I'm saving the link to my favorites so I can buy them later on!  Thanks!

Lady Di - I go back and look at your photos and planning all the time!  It's just all so pretty and inspiring!

So, I'm leaving this Friday for my friend's wedding in Puerto Morelos and we will do the site visit at the Royal on Monday, Oct 18th!  I cannot wait to see this place in person!  AND do the food tasting!  Yum!

I had my first hiccup with my WC...She wanted to move the site visit to a different time, but my TA stepped in and reminded her that the site visit had been booked for over a month.  PHEW!  We would not have been able to do the site visit at all if it got rescheduled because we have to catch our flight home the same day.

The only thing I am concerned about is getting from Puerto Morelos to the Royal.  The only thing I can think of is to ask the shuttle service (if they have one) at the hotel we are staying at if they can drive us to the Royal.  I don't think taking a 45 min. - an hour long cab ride will be affordable or safe...   Does anyone have any advice? 

CONGRATS to all the recent October brides!!  CAN'T wait to see pictures and planning!! 

Heidi

July 22, 2011

Hi Heidi!  We are using Cancun Transfers for our transportation and they do hotel to hotel too.  They are great and have good prices for transfers.  They are also very quick to get back to you with questions!

http://www.cancuntransfers.com/

#6797 rosieposie

rosieposie
              • 649 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

Looks like a one way cab fair from Puerto Morelos should be around $26-30 dollars one way (20 miles away from each other). 

Heidi

July 22, 2011

#6798 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                • 712 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

Natalie,

Did you get an upgraded cake or the one in the package? The only options i saw for the one included was generic vanilla, choc, lemon and something else.

Heidi, Lomas travel is also decently priced for transfers

#6799 Natalie79

Natalie79
                  • 112 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Natalie,

Did you get an upgraded cake or the one in the package? The only options i saw for the one included was generic vanilla, choc, lemon and something else.

Heidi, Lomas travel is also decently priced for transfers

Woops!  forgot to answer the first time :)

We got the standard cake, since there are only 30 of us I thought it would be the best option.  She said I could pick Choc or vanilla cake...and then there was a list of maybe 15 filling options?? 

#6800 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                    • 712 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

No way! lol....i'm emailing her lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter