Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6321 rosieposie

rosieposie
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:50 AM

I'm sure it'll all work out once you get there!!! Can't wait to see pictures and read all about how it went!!!

Congrats! I'm sure it'll all turn out beautifully!

Also have a mango tango!

Originally Posted by Juliet1 

Well...I finally spoke to someone in the wedding office (after being transferred 3 times)!  I told her what I needed and she assured me that it wouldn't be a problem and that my coordinator would finalize everything at our meeting on Tuesday.  I feel a little better, I guess, but not totally reassured.  At least its just small things and all of the really important stuff is taken care of (still doesn't excuse the lack of responsiveness).

Can't wait for the beach and that first pina colada!

Thanks for all of the support ladies!  I will let everyone know how it all turns out.

#6322 JYD1

JYD1
    • Banned
    • 62 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Juliet1 

Well...I finally spoke to someone in the wedding office (after being transferred 3 times)!  I told her what I needed and she assured me that it wouldn't be a problem and that my coordinator would finalize everything at our meeting on Tuesday.  I feel a little better, I guess, but not totally reassured.  At least its just small things and all of the really important stuff is taken care of (still doesn't excuse the lack of responsiveness).

Can't wait for the beach and that first pina colada!

Thanks for all of the support ladies!  I will let everyone know how it all turns out.

YAY!!! So glad to hear that it's working out!! Have a super fantastic wedding!!! =)

#6323 orbitingbklyn

orbitingbklyn
      • 71 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

I was wondering as well.  My WC is great and I would like to tip her but I was not sure how, as I am sure I will not actually meet her because she is off-site somewhere in Mexico.  Any thoughts?

I do not think I am going to tip my photographer because he is an independent photographer flying in & I am paying for airfare & hotel & he gets the total fee, it's not like he works for someone else and has to pay them some part of the fee.

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

I plan on it yes but after the wedding is over to make sure everything goes as planned. I was thinking $50. I would like to know what everyone thinks to about tipping. I know we have all talked about it before but I already forgot lol Here is what I was thinking, thoughts,

DJ $100

Photographer $100

Royal WC $50
        Off Site WC $100
        Hair & Make Up $50

#6324 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
        • 5,078 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

We tipped our WC $100 because she did an awesome job!

#6325 JYD1

JYD1
          • Banned
          • 62 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

LADIES!!! Important announcement,  in case you are aware, your photographer must have a permit in order to take captures on government property, like a beach. Police are cracking down on vendors on government property. If your photographer does not have a permit, he will be fined!! The photographer just needs to apply to the local government building. Not sure how much it costs. 

If your photographer is Ivan Luckie then you're completely covered!! He was the one that told me on another forum. 

#6326 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
            • 712 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by JYD1 

LADIES!!! Important announcement,  in case you are aware, your photographer must have a permit in order to take captures on government property, like a beach. Police are cracking down on vendors on government property. If your photographer does not have a permit, he will be fined!! The photographer just needs to apply to the local government building. Not sure how much it costs. 

If your photographer is Ivan Luckie then you're completely covered!! He was the one that told me on another forum. 

Yay! Glad I have him

#6327 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
              • 162 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by JYD1 

Yep...see my earlier post.  He was taking my engagement photos when him and his wife got stopped!  It was SO wacky!!!  I think it would royally SUCK to have that happen on your wedding day and suddenly have to stop taking beach photos while some cops stand around fining your photographer...

#6328 Jennie0521

Jennie0521
                • 48 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:52 AM

The outside vendor fee is that per company or per person? If the photographer you hired brings a assistant do you get charged for both people or just one fee for the company?

The Royal PCD - April 28th, 2011

#6329 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
                  • 277 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jennie0521 

The outside vendor fee is that per company or per person? If the photographer you hired brings a assistant do you get charged for both people or just one fee for the company?

Hi, I was told $350 per company.

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#6330 Jennie0521

Jennie0521
                    • 48 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

Thats a relief....thanks :)

The Royal PCD - April 28th, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter