Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#3031 candicemarie

candicemarie
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:23 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lady_Di
    I will be there from may 27th until June 2nd. I think I am going to miss most of you
    Dang! So close!

#3032 duprk452

duprk452
    • 162 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

I found a pretty cool website for DIY wedding invitations. Thought some people might be interested. These are the ones that I like.

Beach Sandals Wedding Invitations
      http://tickers.Ticke....d183/event.pngBride and Groom + 24 guests booked and counting!

#3033 dianep

dianep
      • 532 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:01 PM

candicemarie -

i just got a menu for the spa e-mailed to me over the weekend. i'm not sure if i can post it here, but i'd be happy to e-mail it to you if you give me your address. no idea how the prices compare to the royal, since i haven't seen that menu. but i would say the prices are on par with spas in the US.
        http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
        and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#3034 dianep

dianep
        • 532 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by duprk452
          I found a pretty cool website for DIY wedding invitations. Thought some people might be interested. These are the ones that I like.

Beach Sandals Wedding Invitations
          i just found a site yesterday that does custom printing and they have GREAT prices. they have wedding invites, matching envelopes, thank yous, etc. but i think i'm going to go with their postcards and use them for invites for our at home reception. i can get 250 glossy postcards, full color on the front and back for $80-something. check them out at www.vistaprint.com.

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#3035 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
          • 233 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

I only have 78 more days until I leave for Mexico...yikes!

Yesterday I emailed Zulma to ask if she could book out Maria's at the Gran for my dinner rehearsal...still haven't heard back. No surprise there. I hear she is great to work with but I can't really get a response from her when I email her.

I also decided enough was enough with these stupid flowers and went ahead and ordered real touch flowers that I am bringing down with me. The cost was only $450 for 10 bouts, 7 bridesmaid bouquets, 1 bride bouquet and 4 corsages w/wristlets. I'm so excited to see them finished. I wish I could post a pic for you guys of the ones I picked out. Anyway....i'm just going to use my "free" bouquet from the resort as the toss bouquet with the same color flowers.

I'm getting so excited, but the more I look at my closet filled with wedding supplies I need to bring down I'm starting to wonder if I have enough suitcases =)

#3036 astreit

astreit
            • 182 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
              I only have 78 more days until I leave for Mexico...yikes!

Yesterday I emailed Zulma to ask if she could book out Maria's at the Gran for my dinner rehearsal...still haven't heard back. No surprise there. I hear she is great to work with but I can't really get a response from her when I email her.

I also decided enough was enough with these stupid flowers and went ahead and ordered real touch flowers that I am bringing down with me. The cost was only $450 for 10 bouts, 7 bridesmaid bouquets, 1 bride bouquet and 4 corsages w/wristlets. I'm so excited to see them finished. I wish I could post a pic for you guys of the ones I picked out. Anyway....i'm just going to use my "free" bouquet from the resort as the toss bouquet with the same color flowers.

I'm getting so excited, but the more I look at my closet filled with wedding supplies I need to bring down I'm starting to wonder if I have enough suitcases =)
              I know what you mean! I just got a box of 40 maracas and am wondering how I am going to get them down there. I was hoping to just carry everything down in bags, but this is a little extreme. I'm thinking they are going to have to be shipped.

Could you tell me where you ordered your real-touch flowers from? I've been going back and forth and can't decide what to do. I haven't been able to find any real-touch place that is affordable that are taking orders still for May weddings. Thank you!

#3037 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
              • 5,078 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

i dont think you can book out a restaurant...thats what i heard.

i am using this etsy seller to make my real touch bridesmaid bonquets/bouts and it is only costing me $219 for 7 bonquets/ 11 bouts. she is really nice! i've seen her work in some of the reviews here.

Custom wedding flowers bridal bouquets and more by jdleggans

#3038 LynnieS

LynnieS
                • 319 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

LadyDi- very pretty bouquets, great find!
                  yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#3039 dianep

dianep
                  • 532 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

what decorations for the ceremony/reception are you ladies bringing with you to mexico?

#3040 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                    • 5,078 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dianep
                      what decorations for the ceremony/reception are you ladies bringing with you to mexico?
                      tulle fabric for the huppa, chair sashes & table runners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter