Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#2851 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
  • Jr. Member
  • 372 posts

    Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

    So I forward the delivery failed e-mail to Carole...she sends it to Suzanna saying I want a refund!! This communication is terrible!!

    #2852 LynnieS

    LynnieS
    • Jr. Member
    • 319 posts

      Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

      Lisa-

      Yeah, she was very rude. My mom even called her and she started complaining to my mom that people had been complaining about her attitude and that "no one knows what she goes through". My travel agent company has actually fired Angie (well, refused to work with her). I just think it is unprofessional! We are putting a lot of money towards these weddings and the least they can do is be friendly. Not to mention it was because of her that my wedding time got cancelled without me knowing. I would NEVER put up with this if we were having a wedding in the states, that is for sure!
      yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

      #2853 LynnieS

      LynnieS
      • Jr. Member
      • 319 posts

        Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

        Oh, I agree with Jes, get everything it writing. I did the same thing, email folder for wedding only, printing and bringing to Mexico! Brides will win!!!!
        yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

        #2854 Lisa DSO

        Lisa DSO
        • Member
        • 712 posts

          Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LynnieS
          Lisa-

          Yeah, she was very rude. My mom even called her and she started complaining to my mom that people had been complaining about her attitude and that "no one knows what she goes through". My travel agent company has actually fired Angie (well, refused to work with her). I just think it is unprofessional! We are putting a lot of money towards these weddings and the least they can do is be friendly. Not to mention it was because of her that my wedding time got cancelled without me knowing. I would NEVER put up with this if we were having a wedding in the states, that is for sure!
          Wow, she is in the wrong line of business then. I'm sure a lot of us go through work stress and NEVER drop the ball or act rudely towards clients.

          #2855 candicemarie

          candicemarie
          • Jr. Member
          • 271 posts

            Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak
            Thank you for the advice Candice!! That is a great idea, having a friend ordinated in your state to do it! There isn't too much involved for him to do that right? My FI's uncle can legally marry us, but I'm afraid other people would find out if we did it with him....
            Not much at all! Once they get ordained, all they have to do is sign the marriage license. I called the county clerks office just to make sure there wasn't some "special" thing we had to have him do, and nothing :)

            Here are a few of the websites I found info on:
            my county site
            I sent out my Save the Dates (magnets so they won't throw them away lol)...pretty inexpensive (70.00 for 65 magnets and envelopes)

            Hi ladies just chiming in here on the usual craziness here. This has gotten far beyond ridic. I finally got my contract today after 3 months!!!!!! I have dealt with Doreen, Angie, than Carole. Even Zulma does not get back to me in a timely fashion uless I CC my TA on all the e-mails I send. And still on the contract they did not put be thethat we are locked in for the $100 vendor fee that is not wayyyy more. Uggghhhh. Which I can't belive I have to pay considering my photog is only going to be there for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I think you guys are all right they just cant handle all these people. So what to do? Get everything in writing, everything!! and bring it with you in a binder. I even created a folder on my personal e-mail account with everthing in case I have to access it while down there. We can't let this bs ruin our big days. It's still brides vs royal here and I am determined to win.
            Man, that is BS! Thank goodness you have a TA to help w/that crap. I'll definitely be bringing EVERYTHING w/me. Good call on the binder. When did you pay your deposit? Like Lady Di said, I would think they have to honor the $100 vendor fee if you paid before the new contracts were drawn up, right? Plus the emails you have prior to the price change requesting the contract over and over again. Good luck!!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LynnieS
            Lisa-

            Yeah, she was very rude. My mom even called her and she started complaining to my mom that people had been complaining about her attitude and that "no one knows what she goes through". My travel agent company has actually fired Angie (well, refused to work with her). I just think it is unprofessional! We are putting a lot of money towards these weddings and the least they can do is be friendly. Not to mention it was because of her that my wedding time got cancelled without me knowing. I would NEVER put up with this if we were having a wedding in the states, that is for sure!
            Yikes! I haven't had any phone conversations w/anyone and now I'm really glad bc that sounds awful. I would not be able to hold my tongue w/that kind of ridiculousness.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak
            So I forward the delivery failed e-mail to Carole...she sends it to Suzanna saying I want a refund!! This communication is terrible!!
            How does that even make ANY sense?! Seriously, could she not just READ your dang email to see what you were trying to get from them. That's just plain lazy. I mean, I know they're super busy, but come on.

            I really hope someone higher up who gives a crap finds out about their horrible communication at some point.

            #2856 FutureMrsYak

            FutureMrsYak
            • Jr. Member
            • 372 posts

              Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:33 AM

              Yea you know, you would think e-mail would be the best form of communication to have everything documented but if they can't understand an e-mail that is asking where my wedding contract is...maybe I should start calling instead!

              Thank you for the links Candice...I will look at them and talk to FI tonight to see what he thinks. I could always have my maid of honor do it!

              #2857 Lady_Di

              Lady_Di
              • Sr. Member
              • 5,078 posts

                Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:32 AM

                Gosh! If I saw this happening before I decided on The Royal, I wouldn't have picked The Royal. I just think it's the Michigan company that is making The Royal look bad. The WCs in Mexico are just overwhelmed with sooo many weddings so that's probably why they're not responding to emails or taking a looong time to respond. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon. For sure, Angie needs to be fired, period.

                Have everything in writing! I also have a folder dedicated to wedding planning so i will be printing every email (sorry, trees)!

                I told Kimberly that I wanted to set up a rehearsal dinner at Gran a while ago so I emailed Julie this week and asked her to set up one for me. She got back to me with a location/time then emailed me saying that everything is booked the day before my wedding.

                Oh well, we decided to have it at La Cueva del Chango. The director of the restaurant is really nice and we can pick our own menu and it is not expensive at all. It's about $22 per person for starter, soup, entree and dessert that i like. It depends on the menu you select. He even told me that he didn't recommend open bar because it ends up being more expensive than per order.

                La Cueva del Chango - Playa del Carmen - Regional Restaurant - Mexican Food - Naturist - Weddings - Riviera Maya - Mayan Food

                #2858 super19

                super19
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,123 posts

                  Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:49 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by shining
                  For WC, I had a really hard time and waited three weeks for a response recently. We tried calling but kept getting people's voicemail's. Eventually my WC, Angie, got back to me but it took a while and was incredibly frustrating. I don't understand why they can't afford more staff if they are sold out for all these weekends!

                  Does anyone have advice for places to rent lounge furniture? They Royal only has tan colored stuff.
                  Hi -
                  I'm using Events & Weddings Cancun. They have really nice lounge furniture and have been really quick to get back to me.

                  Jen

                  #2859 Lisa DSO

                  Lisa DSO
                  • Member
                  • 712 posts

                    Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                    Gosh! If I saw this happening before I decided on The Royal, I wouldn't have picked The Royal. I just think it's the Michigan company that is making The Royal look bad. The WCs in Mexico are just overwhelmed with sooo many weddings so that's probably why they're not responding to emails or taking a looong time to respond. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon. For sure, Angie needs to be fired, period.

                    Have everything in writing! I also have a folder dedicated to wedding planning so i will be printing every email (sorry, trees)!

                    I told Kimberly that I wanted to set up a rehearsal dinner at Gran a while ago so I emailed Julie this week and asked her to set up one for me. She got back to me with a location/time then emailed me saying that everything is booked the day before my wedding.

                    Oh well, we decided to have it at La Cueva del Chango. The director of the restaurant is really nice and we can pick our own menu and it is not expensive at all. It's about $22 per person for starter, soup, entree and dessert that i like. It depends on the menu you select. He even told me that he didn't recommend open bar because it ends up being more expensive than per order.

                    La Cueva del Chango - Playa del Carmen - Regional Restaurant - Mexican Food - Naturist - Weddings - Riviera Maya - Mayan Food

                    I know, it has to be disheartening for girls who are reading this and considering the Royal.

                    La Cueva del Chango looks cool! They will definitely like that. Are you just inviting your wedding party? I'm not sure what the general rule of thumb is there.

                    #2860 aerazo

                    aerazo
                    • Newbie
                    • 109 posts

                      Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:07 PM

                      HI Lady Di.

                      Do you have the contact infor for the director at La Cueva del Chango? Did you speak with him over the phone about the menu you are looking for or was this all done over email? the location looks awesome! i wonder if they decorate it special at night with lights... i think i might consider having my rehearsal dinner there cuz the price looks great!

                      Any help you can offer would be great!
                      Adriana
                      Royal Playa del Carmen
                      April 23, 2010




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter